Denathrius Ramp Druid Deck - Murder at Castle Nathria
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Denathrius Ramp Druid in The Maw and Disorder expansion meta.
Denathrius Ramp Druid is a combo deck that utilises token minions to flood the board while aggressively gaining Mana Crystals with the sole aim of bursting down opponents with a huge amount of damage from Sire Denathrius.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Denathrius Ramp Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
During your mulligan you should aggressively look for cards that will greatly accelerate your Mana curve in order to access the deck's high-cost cards as early as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Wild Growth, Jerry Rig Carpenter, Widowbloom Seedsman, Wildheart Guff.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Druid of the Reef.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Theotar, the Mad Duke.
Denathrius Ramp Druid Deck Strategy
In the early turns, you should fully prioritise gaining Mana Crystals with cards like Wild Growth, Widowbloom Seedsman, and Wildheart Guff. If you have any Mana left over, you can use it on cheap cards like Druid of the Reef and Jerry Rig Carpenter to slow down your opponent as needed. If you end up lacking a way to gain any additional Mana Crystals, you can additionally make use of both Aquatic Form and Moonlit Guidance to search for the necessary cards as needed.
Entering into the mid game, you should continue gaining Mana Crystals wherever possible, ideally exceeding 10 through the use of Wildheart Guff while refilling your hand with Nourish and Miracle Growth as needed. If you find yourself under pressure from your opponent, you can alternatively make use of Scale of Onyxia to summon Rush minions to control the board as needed.
The deck's primary win condition is the use of Sire Denathrius, heavily Infused through the use of the aforementioned Rush minions. If you do not draw it early, you can make use of Moonlit Guidance and Aquatic Form to help draw the card from your deck if needed. However, this is a lower priority than accelerating your Mana and against slower decks, such as Druids, Shamans, and Mages, you should avoid drawing it immediately as your opponent may steal it with Theotar, the Mad Duke. Instead, you should try to draw it in the later turns once your hand is consistently full minimising the chance your opponent is able to steal it. Ideally this time should be right before you begin flooding the board with Rush minions to infuse it.
To close out the game, you should wait until Sire Denathrius is big enough to defeat your opponent in a single turn. The Battlecry can be doubled through the use of Brann Bronzebeard for 13 Mana available from playing Wildheart Guff to boost your maximum Mana. This combination will generally be able to deal between 40-100 damage to blast through your opponent's board and all of their Health.
If you are unfortuante enough to lose Sire Denathrius for one reason or another, the game is not lost, although you will be at a disadvantage. In these situations you can look to set up a huge Insatiable Devourer, paired with Earthen Scales if you need to survive, use Naga Giants paired with Oracle of Elune to create an immediately overwhelming board, or you can utilise Topior the Shrubbagazzor to consistently flood the board and overwhelm your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should try to slow down damage as much as possible as you gain Mana. Once in the late game you can make use of Rush minions while you control the board, eventually allowing yourself to play your Naga Giants as a burst of tempo to stabilise your board position. To close out the game, playing Sire Denathrius as soon as possible will suffice. The initial board clear it offers paired with a 10/10 minion with Lifesteal left behind will be insurmountable for almost any Aggro deck.
Against Control, you should prioritise gaining Mana as much as possible, especially with Wildheart Guff. When it comes to utilising Sire Denathrius, you should try not to telegraph when it is in your hand, only using Capture Coldtooth Mine with a nearly full hand or ideally drawing it naturally. Using Moonlit Guidance to generate additional copies of it can also be particularly useful. While your opponent's ability to take the card from your hand can be annoying, you can also steal your opponent's key cards with Theotar, the Mad Duke.
Denathrius Ramp Druid Deck Card Swaps
Against Aggro, 2x Dozing Kelpkeeper can be used in place of 1x Mutanus the Devourer and 1x Jerry Rig Carpenter.
- 28 Sep. 2022: Deck has neem updated for the Maw and Disorder miniset. Removed 2x Flipper Friends, 2x Natural Causes, 2x Capture the Coldtooth Mine, 2x Composting for 1x Sylvanas, the Accused, 1x The Jailer, 1x Mutanus the Devourer, 2x Naga Giant, 1x Oracle of Elune, 1x Raid Boss Onyxia, 1x Ivus, the Forest Lord.
- 05 Aug. 2022: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players