Guardian Animals Druid Deck List Guide - Scholomance Academy September 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Guardian Animals Druid in the Scholomance Academy expansion.
Guardian Animals Druid is a variant of spell Druid that utilises a powerful Midrange Beast package as part of its toolkit. The Beasts can then be summoned with Guardian Animals, which can be played early due to cards like Overgrowth and Kael'thas Sunstrider and further buffed with Survival of the Fittest to overwhelm opponents very quickly.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Guardian Animals Druid Mulligan Guide
Spell Druid is an archetype that only truly becomes effective once it hits 7 Mana, where it can use powerful spells like Bogbeam and Ironbark as well as minions like Kael'thas Sunstrider. To aid this strategy, Overgrowth is by far the most important cards to look for in your opening hand.
Guardian Animals Druid is an archetype that relies on accelerating its Mana curve as quickly as possible. As a result, it is important to look for key cards like Overgrowth in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Overgrowth, Nature Studies, Kael'thas Sunstrider.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No further cards required against Aggro.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required against Control.
Guardian Animals Druid Strategy
Whne playing Guardian Animal Druid, your aim is to gain Mana as quickly as possible no matter the situation. This is largely done with Overgrowth, which can be discounted with Nature Studies. However, if you fail to draw or Discover Overgrowth, you can alternatively use Lightning Bloom and Innervate from turn 4 onward to access your powerful 7-Cost cards. Ideally, you should look to play Kael'thas Sunstrider as soon as possible with your cheap spells to discount your powerful cards Guardian Animals and Survival of the Fittest spells. Should you begin to run low on cards, you can use Twilight Runner, summoned from Guardian Animals, or use your Mana discounts on Overflow to refill your hand.
Against Aggro, you should be more liberal with the use of your removal spells. Using Bogbeam and Crystal Power to remove enemy minions early can minimise the early-game damage you take and buy you the time to ramp up. If you are able to survive, you should be able to lock most Aggro opponents out of the game by building a wall of Taunts consisting of Teacher's Pets and Anubisath Defenders.
Against Control, you should put more planning into how you use your resources. Kael'thas Sunstrider in particular plays a big role and you should try to save him until you can play a large number of spells, ideally including Overflow to refill your hand, in one turn. If your opponent is able to deal with your initial wave of Beasts and buffs, Ysera, Unleashed can be used to create several more waves of pressure to finish off your opponent.
Guardian Animals Druid Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x King Phaoris for 1x Teacher's Pet.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Lake Thresher for 1x Survival of the Fittest.
- 10 Sep. 2020: Updated the card swap section to better reflect the current meta.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Activision Blizzard To Close France Office
- Week 1 Analysis of the Heist League from The Chaos Report
- WarCraft 2 Remake in WC3: Reforged
- Second Warcraft Movie Rumor Mentioned by Chris Metzen
- Second Source Allegedly Confirms The Burning Crusade Classic Beta in March 2021
- Introducing Icy Wiki