Highlander Priest Deck
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Highlander Priest play for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire meta.
Highlander Priest is a Control Priest variant that utilises all of Priest's value tools to defeat opponents in long games of atrition. Highlander variants specifically sacrifice a small amount of consistency in order to access additional powerful plays fromand .
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Highlander Priest Deck Mulligan Guide
Highlander Priest is a value deck that aims to remove every threat played by opponents to win long drawn-out games. As Control Priest's removal only targets specific minions, you should look for early card draw in your mulligan to maximise your options available each turn.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — , , .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — , .
Highlander Priest Deck Strategy
During the early game, you will have very few decisions to make regarding what cards to play. You will largely be confined to playing, , and in the early game when not reacting to your opponent's early plays.
If you havein hand, you can specifically play early in the game for tempo. Ideally it should be played on Turn 2 so that you can generate a for Turn 3. Once Zephrys and 1 other minion dies on your board you can use Raise Dead to generat another copy of Zephrys for later in the game.
Throughout the game, your aim should be to maintain a very light board presence while generating cards through a variety of means such asand . While doing this, you can freely use your removal tools to slow down your opponent's board should it get out of control. You should try to maintain this balance of generating cards and populating the board until your opponent either runs out of cards or cannot deal with your board.
Against Aggro, you should make much more liberal use of your removal tools to ensure you do not get overwhelmed. The combination of Wild Pyromancer and in particular offers a great way to clear the board and regain Health at the same time.
Against Control, you should focus on maximising your value throughout the game. Playingearly greatly helps this, providing a consistent source of card generation each turn. Additionally, unless your opponent is doing so, you should avoid playing card draw like . This will ensure you hit fatigue as late as possible should the game go very long.
Highlander Priest Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Shadow Word: Pain for 1x
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- 04 Dec. 2020: Deck added.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees