Malygos Hunter Deck List Guide - Rise of Shadows July 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Malygos Hunter in The Rise of Shadows expansion.
Malygos Hunter is a spell-based deck that aims to use the many Hunter damage spells in combination with Malygos to burst down opponents. The archetype hinges on Jepetto Joybuzz being able to copy Malygos to enable its powerful combos.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Malygos Hunter Mulligan Guide
Malygos Hunter is a late-game combo deck. As the combo itself is fairly consistent to pull off, your mulligan should focus on finding removal to ensure you reach the late game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Animal Companion, Bomb Toss.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Explosive Trap, Wing Blast.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Master's Call.
Malygos Hunter Strategy
Your main aim with Malygos Hunter is to survive until the late game. As the deck consists almost entirely of removal spells, you should use them to remove opposing minions 1-for-1 to stay on top of the board. Once you reach the late game, your aim should be to use Jepetto Joybuzz to draw a 1-Mana copy of Malygos, which can then be used in combination with the spells in the deck to burst down your opponent. To ensure you can pull off the combo, Master's Call can be unconventionally used to Discover a copy of Jepetto Joybuzz if needed to ensure you can play it on turn 8 as needed. If for whatever reason you fail to pull off the deck's combo, you can use Vereesa Windrunner, Alexstrasza, and Zul'jin to engage in a scrappy game to burn down your opponent.
Against Aggro, your main aim should be to keep the board clear throughout the game. If you manage to keep the board under control, you can often win through the small number of minions summon by Animal Companion and Unleash the Beast and occasionally curving into Zul'jin.
Against Control, you should play very conservatively to build up the biggest combo possible. The minimal pressure your opponent puts onto the board will allow you to save most of your cards for the late game. However, if you must use removal, use your more expensive spells like Baited Arrow and Marked Shot, even if it is inefficient. This will allow you to save the maximum number of cheap spells, like Rapid Fire and Arcane Shot, to maximise your burst damage when you finally play Malygos.
Malygos Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Unleash the Hounds for 1x Hunter's Mark.
- Against Control — Add 2x Flare, for 1x Wing Blast, 1x Explosive Trap.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the July card rotation.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 09 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Ranked Mode Overhaul Matchmaking FAQ
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Control Priest
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock
- Why am I losing?
- Dragon Hunter
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend
- Battlegrounds Strategy