Rush Warrior Deck List Guide - Rise of Shadows July 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Rush Warrior in The Rise of Shadows expansion.
Rush Warrior is a Tempo deck that uses Rush mechanics to establish control of the board. The naturally high Attack of Rush minions, combined with the board control they offer, make Rush Warrior an aggressive Midrange decks that can swiftly kill opponents that fail to react accordingly.
The Rise of Shadows provided a few additional tools for Rush Warrior, namely Sweeping Strikes to dramatically increase the amount of control the deck has over the board.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Rush Warrior Mulligan Guide
Rush Warrior is a Midrange deck that is heavily reliant upon having control of the board. While it may not have the strongest early game, it is important to have the right tools available to wrestle control of the board away from opponents in the mid game.
- General Mulligan — Town Crier, Frothing Berserker, Woodcutter's Axe.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Rabid Worgen.
- Mulligan Against Control — Countess Ashmore.
Rush Warrior Strategy
The aim of Rush Warrior is to dominate the board with high-Attack Rush minions and pressure the board. By playing minions on curve, you will be able to create a strong board, and any Rush minions can immediately be used to take value trades against any threats on the board. Any minions that survive on the board should be used to attack your opponent directly, leaving all trading to be done with Rush effects and weapons. If you do run out of resources, you can easily refill your hand using Countess Ashmore and Battle Rage to keep up pressure.
Against Aggro, you should take more trades than you normally would, prioritising value trades where possible. You should also be mindful of threatening minions from your opponent that can snowball out of control, like Frothing Berserker or Questing Adventurer, and make sure you answer these immediately, even if it means losing a minion. You will often win by running your opponent out of resources by using your Rush effects to have the initiative when trading throughout the game.
Against Control, you will need to be a bit more careful with your resources and consider board clears that your opponent might have available, as having your board wiped can cost you the game. To account for this, you should try not to exceed a combined attack of 15 across all of your minions on the board and instead use any spare Mana to set up Battle Rage and Countess Ashmore to draw additional cards. With plenty of cards in hand, you can freely repopulate the board if your opponent clears it to keep up moderate pressure throughout the game.
Rush Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Armorsmith for 2x Battle Rage.
- Against Control — Add 2x Acolyte of Pain, for 2x Rabid Worgen.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category following the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the January play season.
- 26 Oct. 2018: No updates for the Giggling Inventor nerf.
- 02 Sep. 2018: No updates for September.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Weapon-based Rush Warrior decks did not receive any significant new cards from The Boomsday Project, but a new Mech-based version of the deck could potentially replace the weapon build. If the Mech-based version proves to be more powerful, this guide will receive a significant rework to reflect that.
- 28 Jul. 2018: Deck Added
- Hearthstone 15.6.2 Patch Notes
- Celebrate 25 Years of Warcraft
- Tavern Brawl Temporarily Disabled
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Patch 15.6 Issues: Fixes Coming Monday/Tuesday
- Hearthstone 15.6 Update Patch Notes
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Quick Official Video Highlight Summaries for the Announcements at BlizzCon
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Battlegrounds Mechanics
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- Arena Warlock Tier Lists