Tempo Warrior Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Tempo Warrior in the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Tempo Warrior is an archetype that surfaces in the meta every few expansions. It forgoes Warrior's Armor mechanics and takes advantage of the array of weapons available instead. With strong weapons at its disposal, Tempo Warrior can easily keep the board under control and can begin building up powerful minions. In order to deal damage as quickly as possible, powerful minions like Frothing Berserker are used to deal huge amounts of damage.
The Saviors of Uldum expansion has provided the archetype with a huge boost in strength through the Bloodsworn Mercenary card that captialises on the deck's aim of having damaged minions.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Tempo Warrior Mulligan Guide
Tempo Warrior is a Midrange deck that is great at initiating trades and leaves powerful minions in its wake. It is important to have a strong mulligan with the deck to be able to gain control of the board in a timely manner.
- General Mulligan — Town Crier, Eternium Rover, Amani Berserker, Bloodsworn Mercenary.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Livewire Lance.
- Mulligan Against Control — No additional cards required.
Tempo Warrior Strategy
Tempo Warrior aims to dominate the board with powerful Midrange minions by consistently taking 2-for-1 trades to leave high-Attack minions on the board that can heavily pressure opponents. You should focus on using your Mana as efficiently to curve out and keep the strongest board possible. Rush minions and weapons should be used to clean up opposing minions, leaving your other minions free to attack your opponent directly. Try to find an opportunity to use Bloodsworn Mercenary on a reasonable target as soon as possible, ideally on turn 3, to snowball out of control before opponents are able to react.
Against Aggro, you should respect any minions played onto the board, taking additional trades where necessary. You should be especially mindful of threatening minions from your opponent that can snowball out of control, like Frothing Berserker or Questing Adventurer, and make sure you answer these immediately, even if it means losing a minion of your own. Your minion's natural ability to trade efficiently will allow you to run opponents out of resources and win the game with any minions you have remaining on the board.
Against Control, your overall gameplan of dealing damage will remain mostly the same. However, you should expect to have to maintain your aggression for a longer period of time. To do this, try to set up your Battle Rages to draw a minimum of 3 cards, ideally more, to ensure you have the resources to continue fighting into the late game.
Tempo Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Armorsmith for 1x Militia Commander.
- Against Control — Add 1x Grommash Hellscream for 1x Redband Wasp.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 07 Aug. 2019: Deck list has been completeld overhauled for the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck added.
- Galakrond Priest Hotfix: December 10th
- Descent of Dragons Update Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- List of Known Issues After the 16.0 Patch
- Hearthstone Update 16.0 Patch Notes
- Battlegrounds MMR Updates: December 5th
- All Descent of Dragons Cards Revealed
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson
- A new RP-Realm Toy: The Craftily Crafted Mask
- Basic Druid Deck
- pre-release dod cards
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Missing Cards
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Arena Hunter Tier Lists