Totem Shaman Deck List Guide - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire November 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Totem Shaman in Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Totem Shaman is a hyper-aggressive Shaman deck that uses a range of Totem synergy cards like Totemic Reflection and Splitting Axe to rapidly populate the board and buff it up before finishing opponents off with burst damage like Bloodlust.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Totem Shaman Mulligan Guide
Totem Shaman is a deck that relies on having board control early and quickly snowballing out of control. This makes it important to use your mulligan to find key cards to help make that happen.
- General Mulligan — Totemic Reflection, Tour Guide, Surging Tempest, Cagematch Custodian.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Lightning Bloom
- Mulligan Against Control — No additional cards required
Totem Shaman Strategy
With Totem Shaman, you should try to sequence your early game cards to get yourself a board as quickly a possible, following up any totem that stick to the board with Totemic Reflection, Totemic Surge, Totemic Might, and Splitting Axe. If you are unable to immediately take the board your can either use Tour Guide to discount your Hero Power for the following turn or Lightning Bloom to siphon Mana from your next turn via the Overload mechanic. Once you have the board populated with strong Totems you can quickly close out the game with Bloodlust or with the sheer power of your Totems alone.
Against Aggro, you are much less likely to secure the board early. Make full use of the Mana manipulation effects of Lightning Bloom and Tour Guide to ensure you are still able to begin buffing your Totems. Once your do have the board, you should make additional value trades to take advantage of Healing Totems until you can finally finish off your opponent.
Against Control, it is highly likely your opponent will be able to deal with your initial aggression. To account for this, you should try to pair some of your combos together a bit more optimally, such as pairing Totemic Reflection or Splitting Axe with Totem Goliath where possible.
Totem Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Sandstorm Elemental for 1x Cagematch Custodian.
- Against Control — Add 1x Totem Goliath for 1x Surging Tempest.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion. Removed 2x Voracious Reader, 2x Beaming Sidekick, 1x Bloodlust, 1x Trick Totem for 2x Cagematch Custodian, 2x Circus Amalgam, 1x Totem Goliath, 1x Grand Totem Eys'or.
- 12 Aug. 2020: Guide updated with more details on Trick Totem usage.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Deck added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Warlock help and advice please ?.
- Input needed on budget mech mage ?.
- Book of Heroes Jaina Proudmoore
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Introducing my friend & I's attempt at better Hearthstone replays: SquadOV!
- Venim Iceblade Boss Guide
- Varok Saurfang Boss Guide