Spell Priest Deck
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Spell Priest play for The Forged in the Barrens expansion meta.
Spell Priest is a variant of Control Priest that cuts nearly every minion from its deck in favor of additional spells. This minimalist approach to minions provides much more consistency for drawing key minions likeand through the use of .
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Spell Priest Deck Mulligan Guide
Spell Priest only has a select few proactive cards that you should look for in your mulligan. Other cards kept will greatly vary and should be kept reactively based on the matchup.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Holy Smite. ,
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Spell Priest Deck Strategy
You should spend most of the game positioning yourself to react to any plays your opponent may throw out.can always be used proactively for a playable Dragon and while the best choice is very situational, the ideal target is a Dragon that Costs approximately 4 Mana. Similarly can be used to discount the cost of your cards in hand whenever you have the Mana to do so.
To achieve victory within the game, there are multiple ways to approach the situation. Most commonly you can work toward reassembling, using to fish for pieces of C'Thun, and to draw it once it has been shuffled. Alternatively if your opponent plays a deck with key cards, such as any combo deck or a Warlock playing , you can use to swap hands and wastefully throw away their key cards, preventing them from executing their strategy. However, you should ensure you do not have any of your C'Thun cards in hand when doing this as you will not gain any progress if your opponent plays them.
Against Aggro, your strategy should be absolute control. Within your deck, you possess more than enough tools to remove each and every minion efficiently, while being able to keep your Health high in the process. Once the opponent begins to run out of card, expect a concession from them.
Against Control, the best route to victory is to simply rush for. This can be greatly accelerated through and to find the appropriate cards.
Spell Priest Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x to gain additional copies of C'Thun.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Guide added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Microsoft Leaders Visit Blizzard Post $69B Acquisition, Hint at Brighter, Autonomous Future