Yogg Secret Mage Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Card List
- 2. Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On The Variation
- 4. Yogg-Saron Hopes End
- 5. Medivh the Guardian
- 6. About the Author
- 7. ChangeLog
This deck is a variant of our Main Secret Mage deck. This variant is aimed at slower metas than the Main deck, and as such is a greedier build.
1. Card List
This deck costs 3,320 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAEBAf0EAumsAqG3Ag5xwwG7ApUDqwTmBJYF7AWBsgKjtgLXtgKHvQLBwQKYxAIA (copy to clipboard)
2. Mana Curve
3. Comments On The Variation
One of the big problems that this archetype encounters is that it runs out of cards. Pyros and Faceless Summoner are a good solution to this problem in a faster meta, but Medivh, the Guardian and Yogg-Saron, Hope's End are better solutions if the time is available to get the value from them. Which variant is better will depend on the metagame you find yourself in.
4. Yogg-Saron Hopes End
Yogg-Saron, Hope's End is a way to reset the board. It functions at its best when you have lost control of the board and your opponent has started to flood the board with threats. With several minions in play, Yogg is less likely to kill itself, and therefore more likely to have a big impact. You should wait as long as you dare to play Yogg, but remember that you will often need one or two turns after playing it to reap the full benefits of any board, or cards, gained.
5. Medivh the Guardian
Not only is Medivh a minion that needs dealing with, but Atiesh will present a large problem to your opponent. For the most part, you will not want to be too greedy with Atiesh. The intention for Medivh is to come down when you have already inflicted a lot of damage. Any minions which come from Atiesh should be a big threat, even if they are not particularly large. Sometimes you will be in a terrible position and need to be greedy, but that should be the exception, not the rule.
6. About the Author
L0rinda has extensive experience with Hearthstone. After starting out with Arena and becoming one of the most prominent streamers in that format, he moved over to Constructed and now primarily spends his time as a caster for Blizzard, Starladder, and Dreamhack.
- 05 Jun. 2017: Variant added. A greedy variant of Secret Mage, for slower metagames.
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Upcoming Minion Type Adjustments
- July 2018 Ranked Play Season: Lightforged Card Back
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior