Big Warrior Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows July 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Big Warrior in Rise of Shadows expansion.
Big Warrior is a Control Warrior variant that exclusively uses high-Cost minions. By forgoing the use of cheap minions, it is able guarantee huge value from cards like Dimensional Ripper and The Boomship for powerful late-game turns.
The addition of Dimensional Ripper and The Boom Reaver in the Rise of Shadow expansion have provided Big Warrior with enough tools to be a viable deck. The deck is especially strong against standard Control Warrior builds that are very popular in the current meta.
1. Big Warrior Card List
This Big Warrior deck costs 12,080 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Warrior Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Big Warrior Mana Curve
3. Big Warrior Mulligan Guide
As Big Warrior is a powerful late-game deck, it is important to mulligan for early-game cards to ensure you do not get rushed down early.
- General Mulligan—Dragon Roar, Fiery War Axe.
- Mulligan Against Aggro—Brawl, Weapons Project.
- Mulligan Against Control—Dr. Boom, Mad Genius.
4. Big Warrior Strategy
During the early and mid game, you should play the deck as if it were Control Warrior. This means making full use of your weapons and removal to minimise the amount of damage you take before the late game. Once you reach the late game, you can begin using cards like Dimensional Ripper, The Boom Reaver, The Boomship, and any minions from hand to pressure opponents into submission.
Against Aggro, your main aim is survival. With less early-game minions than Control Warrior, it is important to use removal liberally to minimise the damage taken. Once you reach the late-game, you can often close out the game with a couple of late-game minions.
Against Control, you can afford to be much greedier. Using Slam to draw cards in the early game will greatly improve your late-game options. Once you reach the late game, you should begin playing a continuous flow of minions to pressure your opponent. However, you should avoid playing into board clears, like Brawl, to avoid giving your opponent value, by having no more than 2 minions in play at a time.
5. Big Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro—Add 1x Devastate for 1x Bull Dozer.
- Against Control—Add 1x Ysera for 1x Fiery War Axe.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 19 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Tavern Brawl - The Blackrock Crash, Part 2
- Saviors of Uldum Legendary Card Reveal: Armagedillo
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal Schedule Announced
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Plague of Murlocs
- Three New Saviors of Uldum Cards Revealed
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Psychopomp
- New Saviors of Uldum Card Revealed: Plague of Madness
- Hearthside Chat and Three New Cards
- Hiten's Top 50 Legend Bomb Warrior
- Brian Kibler's Legend Tess Rogue
- Top 20 Legend Overload Murloc Shaman
- Risai's Top 200 Legend Secret Hunter
- Sidisi's Legend Vereesa Secret Hunter
- bloodyface's Rank 1 Legend Cyclone Mage
- Firebat's Miracle Gonk Druid
- Pizza's Top 25 Legend Bomb Hunter