Secret Paladin Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Secret Paladin in The Wailing Caverns expansion meta.
Secret Paladin is an Aggro deck that makes use of Secrets to disrupt opponents as it builds up its own board to quickly take down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Secret Paladin Deck Mulligan Guide
Despite the deck's name, it is important not to keep for Secrets as you will draw into the naturally. Instead, should look for cards that specifically synergise with Secrets, knowing that you will inevitably draw into Secrets.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Righteous Protector. can be kept if you think you are playing against a specific Aggro deck which is vulnerable to it. ,
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a control deck) — .
Secret Paladin Deck Strategy
You should look for the most explosive start possible using your early-game minions like Righteous Protector and to secure the board. You should look to follow this up as quickly as possible with , swinging it continually to fill your board with Secrets.
Once you have a foundation of Secrets, you can follow up with Secret-synergy minions like, and to solidify your board position and begin applying heavy pressure on your opponents.
If your initial pressure is not enough to put you in a game-winning position, you can finally follow up withto make one big push to dominate the board and close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should give a higher priority to finding and playing your Divine Shield minions as they can almost guarantee value trades and are generally awkward for your opponent to deal with. This will allow you to gain a tempo advantage to begin putting pressure onto your opponents and can be comfortably maintained through the use of Secrets like Noble Sacrifice and Avenge.
Against Control, you should assume the game will go longer and look for a little bit more value out of your cards. In particular, you should try to dropwith as many Secrets in play as you can to maximise the number of minions gained. Additionally, plays an important role. Ideally you should be looking for 5-Mana golems with Stealth, with the additional effect of either buffing your board or copying itself, based on how strong your board is at the time.
Secret Paladin Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 2x for 2x .
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Annoy-o-Tron for 1x .
- 06 Jun. 2021: Deck has been reviewed for the Wailing Caverns meta.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Deck added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins