Secret Paladin Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Secret Paladin in The Wailing Caverns expansion meta.
Secret Paladin is an Aggro deck that makes use of Secrets to disrupt opponents as it builds up its own board to quickly take down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Secret Paladin Deck Mulligan Guide
Despite the deck's name, it is important not to keep for Secrets as you will draw into the naturally. Instead, should look for cards that specifically synergise with Secrets, knowing that you will inevitably draw into Secrets.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Sword of the Fallen, Knight of Anointment, First Day of School, Sunreaver Spy.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Murgur Murgurgle, Righteous Protector. can be kept if you think you are playing against a specific Aggro deck which is vulnerable to it.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a control deck) — Kazakus, Golem Shaper.
Secret Paladin Deck Strategy
You should look for the most explosive start possible using your early-game minions like Righteous Protector and Murgur Murgurgle to secure the board. You should look to follow this up as quickly as possible with Sword of the Fallen, swinging it continually to fill your board with Secrets.
Once you have a foundation of Secrets, you can follow up with Secret-synergy minions like Sunreaver Spy, Crossroads Gossiper and Northwatch Commander to solidify your board position and begin applying heavy pressure on your opponents.
If your initial pressure is not enough to put you in a game-winning position, you can finally follow up with Cannonmaster Smythe to make one big push to dominate the board and close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should give a higher priority to finding and playing your Divine Shield minions as they can almost guarantee value trades and are generally awkward for your opponent to deal with. This will allow you to gain a tempo advantage to begin putting pressure onto your opponents and can be comfortably maintained through the use of Secrets like Noble Sacrifice and Avenge.
Against Control, you should assume the game will go longer and look for a little bit more value out of your cards. In particular, you should try to drop Cannonmaster Smythe with as many Secrets in play as you can to maximise the number of minions gained. Additionally, Kazakus, Golem Shaper plays an important role. Ideally you should be looking for 5-Mana golems with Stealth, with the additional effect of either buffing your board or copying itself, based on how strong your board is at the time.
Secret Paladin Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 2x Goody Two-Shields for 2x Galloping Savior.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Annoy-o-Tron for 1x Crossroads Gossiper.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Deck has been reviewed for the Wailing Caverns meta.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Deck added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players