Murloc Paladin Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Murloc Shaman in Descent of Dragons expansion.
Murloc Paladin is an aggressive archetype that aims to use a strong curve of Murloc synergies to pressure opponents. The few Paladin class cards and Paladin-exclusive Murloc cards allow for more sustained Murloc aggression than most other classes.
The Descent of Dragons provided new tools to revive the Murloc Paladin archetype, notably Tip the Scales that allows deck to flood the board incredibly fast as the expense of burning through its deck equally fast.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Murloc Paladin Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, Murloc Paladin looks for strong minions and key tools to be able to populate the board as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- General Mulligan — Murloc Tidecaller, Prismatic Lens.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Murmy.
- Mulligan Against Control — No additional cards to mulligan for.
Murloc Paladin Strategy
Murloc Paladin requires you to open with a strong curve or minions, using your Mana as efficiently as possible to create the strongest board possible. You should take a small number of trades with your expendable minions to help protect high-value targets like Murloc Warleader and Murloc Tidecaller, however, your main priority should be to deal as much damage to your opponent as possible.
When you reach Turn 4, it is almost always correct to play Prismatic Lens. Doing so will allow you to draw Tip the Scales, discounted to the price of whichever low-cost minions is drawn alongside it. The deck's initial tempo combined with this mid-game push should be enough to overwhelm most opponents. If necessary, pressure can be maintained until you draw the remaining cards in your deck, where you will be able to use Chef Nomi for one final push to close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should play much more defensive in the early game. Taking extra trades to ensure you have control of the board on Turn 4 is essential to ensure you are able to safely play Prismatic Lens before you flood the board on the following turn.
Against Control, the fast nature of your deck makes it impossible for you to win in long games. To counter this, you should try to hold onto high-value cards like Grimscale Oracle and Murloc Warleader and only use them on turns they can buff a significant number of Murlocs that can attack immediately. This will help maximise the damage out put of your deck and overcome additional healing effects that are often present in control decks.
Murloc Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Argent Squire for 1x Murloc Tidehunter.
- Against Control — Add 1x Youthful Brewmaster for 1x Leeroy Jenkins.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Descent of Dragons expansion.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been updated for the September play season. Removed 2x Brazen Zealot, 1x Murloc Raider for 1x Truesilver Champion, 1x Zephrys the Great, 1x Leeroy Jenkins.
- 07 Aug. 2019: Murloc Paladin guide completely overhauled with the release of Saviors of Uldum.
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- All Ashes of Outland Cards Revealed
- Ashes of Outland Card Reveal: Crimson Sigil Runner
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Control Priest
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock
- Why am I losing?
- Dragon Hunter
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend
- Battlegrounds Strategy