Murloc Paladin Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Murloc Shaman in Ashes of Outland expansion.
Murloc Paladin is an aggressive archetype that aims to use a strong curve of Murloc synergies to pressure opponents. The few Paladin class cards and Paladin-exclusive Murloc cards allow for more sustained Murloc aggression than most other classes.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Murloc Paladin Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, Murloc Paladin looks for strong minions and key tools to be able to populate the board as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- General Mulligan — Murloc Tidecaller, Imprisoned Sungill, Underlight Angling Rod.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Murmy.
- Mulligan Against Control — Tip the Scales
Murloc Paladin Strategy
Murloc Paladin requires you to open with a strong curve or minions, using your Mana as efficiently as possible to create the strongest board possible. You should take a small number of trades with your expendable minions to help protect high-value targets like Murloc Warleader and Murloc Tidecaller, however, your main priority should be to deal as much damage to your opponent as possible.
From turn 3 onward, you can begin to compound your board advantage with the help of Coldlight Seer, Felfin Navigator, and Scalelord. Due to the resillience added by these cards, you can begin to really pressure your opponent's Health, as you will be able to deal significantly more damage to your opponant than they can do to you.
Should you reach the late game, Tip the Scales can be used for a quick board refill for an additional push. This has the added benefit of increasing the chance that Zephrys the Great and Sir Finley of the Sands become active. If you are able to follow this up with a second copy of Tip the Scales, your deck will also be almost completely empty to activate Chef Nomi.
Against Aggro, you should play much more defensively in the early game, taking extra trades to ensure you have control of the board. If you find youself behind on the board, you can try to set up a Imprisoned Sungill that can be followed up with your various buffs to try and regain control of the board.
Against Control, the fast nature of your deck makes it impossible for you to win in long games. To counter this, you should try to hold onto high-value cards like Murloc Warleader and only use them on turns they can buff a significant number of Murlocs that can attack immediately. This will help maximise the damage output of your deck and overcome additional healing effects that are often present in control decks.
Murloc Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Consecration for 1x Chef Nomi, 1x Scalelord.
- Against Control — Add 1x Dragonqueen Alexstrasza for 1x Murloc Tidehunter.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Nightmare Amalgam, 2x Grimscale Oracle, 2x Murloc Tastyfin, 2x Prismatic Lens, 1x Truesilver Champion, 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 2x Imprisoned Sungill, 1x Murgur Murgurgle, 1x Sir Finley of the Sands, 2x Underlight Angling Rod, 2x Felfing Navigator, 2x Scalelord
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Descent of Dragons expansion.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been updated for the September play season. Removed 2x Brazen Zealot, 1x Murloc Raider for 1x Truesilver Champion, 1x Zephrys the Great, 1x Leeroy Jenkins.
- 07 Aug. 2019: Murloc Paladin guide completely overhauled with the release of Saviors of Uldum.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On