Quest Paladin Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum August 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Paladin in the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Quest Paladin uses Emperor Wraps to create copies of Reborn and Deathrattle minions, resulting in boards that can be very difficult to clear.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Quest Paladin Mulligan Guide
Quest Paladin is looking to do the same thing every game: complete Making Mummies as fast as possible. To that end, all of your Reborn minions can be viable mulligan keeps, although you should consider throwing away Ancestral Guardian if you think you are against an aggressive deck and do not have any earlier plays in hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Crystology, Questing Explorer, Reborn minions.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Zilliax. Consecration can be kept if you think you are playing against a specific Aggro deck which is vulnerable to it.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a control deck) — Kangor's Endless Army can be considered as a keep, but only if the rest of your hand works towards completing Making Mummies.
Quest Paladin Strategy
Quest Paladin plays very similarly from game to game due to its inflexible strategy. It is always looking to complete Making Mummies in good time with a smooth curve of Reborn minions, and always aims to eventually transition into a Mech Paladin late game.
Because the deck does not have any real comeback mechanic, it needs to constantly fight for board using its minions. This means that good gameplay fundamentals are very important to success: which trades you choose, the order in which you play your minions, and your usage of The Coin will all play a large part in deciding games. In general, remember that few of your early-game cards give you initiative to decide trades. You can compensate for this by going wide on the board, for example by playing Temple Berserker and Murmy on Turn 3 over Candletaker, increasing your likelihood of having a minion to attack with on your next turn. Always weigh this against your ability to curve out smoothly however, as it is often easier to fit cheaper minions in on later turns.
Inevitably, you will sometimes struggle in the mid game when you have not found a fifth Reborn minion to complete Making Mummies with. In such situations, you should generally look to continue spending Mana developing the board. A Turn 5 Mechano-Egg without Emperor Wraps online can be a punishingly slow play, but is sometimes a necessary investment; having it on the board will enable you to immediately use Emperor Wraps on it when you finally draw a fifth Reborn minion, and occasionally you will be able to make use of it immediately through Annoy-o-Module or Zilliax.
Once Emperor Wraps is online, you should be able to begin taking control of the game. Mechano-Egg and Mechanical Whelp are by far the highest-value targets for this hero power, but Ancestral Guardian and Zilliax can be superior targets when under pressure from an aggressive opponent. Keep in mind that when copying a Mech buffed with a Magnetic effect with Emperor Wraps, the copy will return with its full stats using Kangor's Endless Army. To give an example, a 10/9 Mechanical Dragon buffed with Zilliax will be a 2/2 when initially copied, but will return as a 10/9. For this reason, it is very often correct to use Emperor Wraps on a Mech buffed with Zilliax, as these are provide outstanding value when resurrected.
Quest Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Da Undatakah for 1x Consecration.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Khartut Defender and 2x Truesilver Champion for 1x Countess Ashmore and 2x Subdue.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Deck added.
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Hearthstone 1.15 Update: Tombs of Terror
- BlizzCon 2019 Key Art Unveiled
- Tavern Brawl - The League of Explorers: Revived!
- Tombs of Terror Coming September 17 - Everything You Need to Know
- Activision Blizzard Stock Jumps after Classic Launch
- The Saviors of Uldum Nerfs Patch is Live
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Hub
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- Quest Rogue Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Jalexander's Top 100 Legend
- Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Alutemu's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Druid
- Control Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - wiRer's Top 10 Legend
- Murloc Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Carnation's Top 30 Legend