Quest Paladin Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Paladin in the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Quest Paladin uses Emperor Wraps to create copies of Reborn and Deathrattle minions, resulting in boards that can be very difficult to clear.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Quest Paladin Mulligan Guide
Quest Paladin is looking to do the same thing every game: complete Making Mummies as fast as possible. To that end, all of your Reborn minions can be viable mulligan keeps, although you should consider throwing away Ancestral Guardian if you think you are against an aggressive deck and do not have any earlier plays in hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Crystology, Questing Explorer, Murmy, Micro Mummy, Temple Berserker.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Zilliax. Consecration can be kept if you think you are playing against a specific Aggro deck which is vulnerable to it.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a control deck) — Kangor's Endless Army can be considered as a keep, but only if the rest of your hand works towards completing Making Mummies.
Quest Paladin Strategy
Quest Paladin plays very similarly from game to game due to its inflexible strategy. It is always looking to complete Making Mummies in good time with a smooth curve of Reborn minions, and always aims to eventually transition into a Mech Paladin late game.
Because the deck does not have any real comeback mechanic, it needs to constantly fight for board using its minions. This means that good gameplay fundamentals are very important to success: which trades you choose, the order in which you play your minions, and your usage of The Coin will all play a large part in deciding games. In general, remember that few of your early-game cards give you initiative to decide trades. You can compensate for this by going wide on the board, for example by playing Temple Berserker and Murmy on Turn 3 over Candletaker, increasing your likelihood of having a minion to attack with on your next turn. Always weigh this against your ability to curve out smoothly however, as it is often easier to fit cheaper minions in on later turns.
Inevitably, you will sometimes struggle in the mid game when you have not found a fifth Reborn minion to complete Making Mummies with. In such situations, you should generally look to continue spending Mana developing the board. A Turn 5 Mechano-Egg without Emperor Wraps online can be a punishingly slow play, but is sometimes a necessary investment; having it on the board will enable you to immediately use Emperor Wraps on it when you finally draw a fifth Reborn minion, and occasionally you will be able to make use of it immediately through Annoy-o-Module or Zilliax.
Once Emperor Wraps is online, you should be able to begin taking control of the game. Mechano-Egg and Mechanical Whelp are by far the highest-value targets for this hero power, but Ancestral Guardian and Zilliax can be superior targets when under pressure from an aggressive opponent. Keep in mind that when copying a Mech buffed with a Magnetic effect with Emperor Wraps, the copy will return with its full stats using Kangor's Endless Army. To give an example, a 10/9 Mechanical Dragon buffed with Zilliax will be a 2/2 when initially copied, but will return as a 10/9. For this reason, it is very often correct to use Emperor Wraps on a Mech buffed with Zilliax, as these are provide outstanding value when resurrected.
Quest Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Tirion Fordring for 1x Questing Explorer.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Khartut Defender for 1x Mechanical Whelp.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x Countess Ashmore, 2x Subdue for 1x Da Undatakah, 1x SN1P-SN4P, 1x Truesilver Champion.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Deck added.
- Galakrond Priest Hotfix: December 10th
- Descent of Dragons Update Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- List of Known Issues After the 16.0 Patch
- Hearthstone Update 16.0 Patch Notes
- Battlegrounds MMR Updates: December 5th
- All Descent of Dragons Cards Revealed
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson
- A new RP-Realm Toy: The Craftily Crafted Mask
- Basic Druid Deck
- pre-release dod cards
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Missing Cards
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Arena Hunter Tier Lists