Quest Wall Priest Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Priest in The Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Quest Priest is a slow deck that aims to stall the game long enough to complete the Activate the Obelisk Quest. Once the Quest is complete, the Obelisk's Eye Hero Power allows any minion played to become a powerful threat, causing issues for all opposing decks.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Quest Priest is a slow deck that aims to create an impenetrable wall of minions in the late game. To facilitate this, you should Mulligan for early defensive tools to ensure you can survive the early game and mid game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Activate the Obelisk, Archmage Vargoth, Convincing Infiltrator.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Penance.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Catrina Muerte.
During the early game, you should focus entirely on progressing Activate the Obelisk as much as possible while staying safe. Playing your mid-game minions like Convincing Infiltrator, Sandhoof Waterbearer, and Khartut Defender is an excellent way to slow down the game while also creating potential targets to heal for your Quest. Although blindly playing minions may seem wasteful, resurrect effects from Psychopomp, Catrina Muerte, and Mass Resurrection can bring them back into play later in the game.
Once your Quest is complete, your should try to use the Obelisk's Eye Hero Power on one of your minions, that is ideally damaged, each turn. This will allow you to create a constant stream of value that opponents are unable to compete with. The buff effect is notably strong on Batterhead when you are looking to clear the board and Taunt minions like Mosh'Ogg Enforcer, Convincing Infiltrator, and Khartut Defender when you are trying to close out the game.
Against Aggro, your aim should be pure survival. You should make liberal use of Taunt minions and healing effects to ensure you are not rushed down early in the game. If you are able to make it to the late game, combining Obelisk's Eye with your Taunt minions will make it nearly impossible for Aggro decks to get past.
Against Control, you need to rely heavily on getting the maximum value from your Quest. As smart Control players will not damage you when Activate the Obelisk is in play, you should hold off playing the Quest until the mid game after your Hero has taken some damage. With your Quest complete, you should play your minions one at a time and continually buff them using Obelisk's Eye each turn. This will force your opponent to use their resources inefficiently and will allow you to win through long drawn-out value games.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Penance, for 1x Shadow Word: Death.
- Against Control — Add 1x Zerek's Cloning Gallery for 1x Forbidden Words
- 09 Sep. 2019: Deck added.
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Hearthstone 1.15 Update: Tombs of Terror
- BlizzCon 2019 Key Art Unveiled
- Tavern Brawl - The League of Explorers: Revived!
- Tombs of Terror Coming September 17 - Everything You Need to Know
- Activision Blizzard Stock Jumps after Classic Launch
- The Saviors of Uldum Nerfs Patch is Live
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Hub
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- Quest Rogue Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Jalexander's Top 100 Legend
- Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Alutemu's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Druid
- Control Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - wiRer's Top 10 Legend
- Murloc Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Carnation's Top 30 Legend