Urana's Rank 1 Legend Handlock Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Card List
- 2. Mana Curve
- +3. Comments On The Variation
- 4. About the Author
- 5. ChangeLog
Handlock is a powerful variant of Control Warlock that uses the Warlock Hero Power to maintain a large hand of cards to take advantage of powerful cards such as Twilight Drake and Mountain Giant. This version adds many more demons into the mix to help control the board and to take advantage of Bloodreaver Gul'dan later in the game. This version was used by Urana to hit rank 1 Legend on the Asia server.
1. Card List
This deck costs 7,800 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Warlock Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAf0GBvIFigf4DKmtAsLOApfTAgwwigGSB7YH4QeNCMQIzAjzDN28AufLAvfNAgA= (copy to clipboard)
2. Mana Curve
3. Comments On The Variation
This biggest change to this variant is the addition of many demons such as Abyssal Enforcer, Voidwalker, and Despicable Dreadlord. The addition of these demons adds great synergy to Bloodreaver Gul'dan and provide a large burst in tempo in the late-game. The consistent source of healing provided by Bloodreaver Gul'dan also means many healing effects have been cut from this variant with the knowledge that the Health can be recovered later in the game.
The Black Knight is the most notable tech card in the deck and is almost always guaranteed to get solid value as Taunt Druid is very popular on the ladder and many other decks are also running 2 copies of Bonemare.
As an extra win condition this variant includes The Lich King. It is a very strong card that can be included in almost any Control deck due to the solid stats and end of turn effect.
3.1. Pros and Cons
This is a greedy variant that focuses on powerful cards to be able to compete with other slow decks. The inclusion of The Black Knight and use focus on bigger minions makes it a solid choice for beating Taunt Druid decks.
The minimal healing and Taunt minions in the deck makes this variant particularly vulnerable to Aggro, especially Pirate Warrior that is able to repeatedly attack with weapons, with only a single copy of Acidic Swamp Ooze in the deck to prevent that.
4. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Pesty, a professional Hearthstone player playing since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
5. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 13 Aug. 2017: Added Urana's rank 1 Legend Handlock deck.
- Dean Ayala on The Witchwood And Other Topics
- Two New Echo Cards Revealed In Hearthside Chat
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #12
- The Witchwood Full Spoiler Schedule
- "New Year Of The Raven" Party Will Reward Packs With Each Daily Quest
- Ben Brode Answers Community Questions In Video For WIRED
- Enrage Keyword To Be Replaced By "While Damaged"
- More Witchwood Spoilers Coming March 26th, Set Likely To Release April 12th
- The Lich King
- Fairly new, need deck help
- Pre-Order Question
- Help me build this warrior
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks