Aggro Shaman Deck List Guide - Rise of Shadows June 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Aggro Shaman in The Rise of Shadows expansion.
Aggro Shaman is an ultra-aggressive archetype with a lot of burn damage at its disposal. The deck rose sharply in power and popularity after the Rise of the Mechs update in June 2019, which buffed the health of Thunderhead from 5 to 6.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Aggro Shaman Mulligan Guide
Aggro Shaman is an aggressive deck with a very low minion count — as such, it is important to find those minions in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Thunderhead, Sludge Slurper, Underbelly Angler.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Thunderhead becomes an even higher priority. Also keep Zap!, Likkim.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Unbound Elemental, Spirit of the Frog. Against decks such as Control Warrior which have large amounts of life-gain, also consider keeping Doomhammer.
Aggro Shaman Strategy
The gameplan of Aggro Shaman is to push damage with powerful early-game minions while protecting them with removal spells. While cards like Thunderhead and Unbound Elemental can be held in hand and played on the same turn as Overload cards to guarantee that their effects activate, it is often better just to play them on curve so that they can start attacking as early as possible. This is especially true of Underbelly Angler — since the deck runs so few other Murlocs, the card is almost always best played on turn 2 in order to force out a removal card from the opponent.
Going into the mid game, it is important and sometimes difficult to identify when to stop controlling the board and begin directing damage at the face to set up two- or three-turn lethals. When making these decisions, always consider how much damage you are likely to draw into through Spirit of the Frog combos, and how quickly your opponent's board will overwhelm you if left unanswered. Often the deck is capable of dealing significant damage to face while still controlling the board thanks to the power of its removal tools.
Against Aggro, you will usually be trying to control the board for most of the game. Thunderhead is your most important card in these matchups. If you are able to get it onto the board uncontested by enemy minions, it is often impossible to remove due to its 6-health stat-line. This can be done by making use of its powerful effect in combination with Overload spells to remove large amounts of health from the opponent's board at once.
Because most Aggro decks struggle to regain control of the board once they have lost it, it is often best to use Doomhammer and Likkim to control the board while pushing chip damage with your minions rather than immediately directing everything at face.
Against Control, it is important to maximize the amount of damage you deal above all else. The best way to do this is through repetitive chip damage with minions, so look out for opportunities to stick an Unbound Elemental or Thunderhead to the board. It is also generally important to play Doomhammer on turn 5. Consider planning for this in advance by playing your Overload cards on turn 3 if possible so that you are not forced to use them on turn 4 and prevent Doomhammer from being played next turn. Forward-planning like this is key to success with this deck and with overload-heavy Shaman decks in general.
Aggro Shaman Card Swaps
- 27 Jun. 2019: Deck added.
- Galakrond Priest Hotfix: December 10th
- Descent of Dragons Update Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- List of Known Issues After the 16.0 Patch
- Hearthstone Update 16.0 Patch Notes
- Battlegrounds MMR Updates: December 5th
- All Descent of Dragons Cards Revealed
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson
- A new RP-Realm Toy: The Craftily Crafted Mask
- Basic Druid Deck
- pre-release dod cards
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Missing Cards
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Arena Hunter Tier Lists