Galakrond Control Warlock Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Galakrond Control Warlock in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Galakrond Control Warlock follows the traditional 'Handlock' style of using theHero Power to maintain a full hand of cards to maximise its options available and uses powerful cards that benefit from having a large number of cards in hand. The Galakrond aspect of the deck utilises the special Warlock Invoke effect, summoning 2 1/1 Imps with each Invoke, allowing the use of cards like as board clears and the powerful as a late-game win condition.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Galakrond Control Warlock Deck Mulligan Guide
Galakrond Warlock is a control deck that aims primarily focuses on Invoke effects and controlling the board. You should therefore be looking for a mix of reactive board control tools and proactive Invoke minions in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Galakrond Control Warlock Deck Strategy
When playing Galakrond Control Warlock, your primary aim is draw through your deck withto maximise your options throughout the game, while not allowing your opponent to gain a strong position in the board. The additional card draw will boost the value of removal tools like as well as increase the likelihood you can activate cards like and .
Once your hand is at an adequate size, and assuming your opponent is not putting on a large amount of pressure, your secondary aim is to Invoke as much as possible through the use of Sacrificial Pact for healing and for board clears., , and . As well as upgrading this will also provide you with many 1/1 Imps to contest the board or aid the use of spells like
Once your Galakrond is fully Invoked, you can use it to swing back onto the board and begin to pressure your opponent. The new Hero Power you will receive will give you can endless supply of Imps to pressure your opponent. As you will have drawn the majority of your deck at this point, you should be rid of nearly all duplicates from your deck, allowing the use ofand for bursts of tempo and damage.
Against Aggro, should try to contest the board harder through the use of cards liketo help minimise the damage you take and help fight for control of the board. Additionally, you should make liberal use of removal and healing tools like and as your win condition will largly be just to survive.
Against Control, you should heavily prioritise card draw and Invoking as quickly as possible. As, despite being a Control deck, Galakrond Warlock reaches fatigue much faster than other Control decks. This makes it essential to Invoke and playas soon as possible to pressure opponents out of the game before fatigue damage sets in.
Galakrond Control Warlock Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- Against Aggro — Add 1x for 1x .
- 15 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs