Galakrond Control Warlock Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Galakrond Control Warlock in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Galakrond Control Warlock follows the traditional 'Handlock' style of using the Life Tap Hero Power to maintain a full hand of cards to maximise its options available and uses powerful cards that benefit from having a large number of cards in hand. The Galakrond aspect of the deck utilises the special Warlock Invoke effect, summoning 2 1/1 Imps with each Invoke, allowing the use of cards like Plague of Flames as board clears and the powerful Galakrond, the Wretched as a late-game win condition.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Galakrond Control Warlock Mulligan Guide
Galakrond Warlock is a control deck that aims primarily focuses on Invoke effects and controlling the board. You should therefore be looking for a mix of reactive board control tools and proactive Invoke minions in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Dragonblight Cultist, Bad Luck Albatross, Mortal Coil.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Dark Skies.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Devoted Maniac.
Galakrond Control Warlock Strategy
When playing Galakrond Control Warlock, your primary aim is draw through your deck with Life Tap to maximise your options throughout the game, while not allowing your opponent to gain a strong position in the board. The additional card draw will boost the value of removal tools like Dark Skies as well as increase the likelihood you can activate cards like Nether Breath and Crazed Netherwing.
Once your hand is at an adequate size, and assuming your opponent is not putting on a large amount of pressure, your secondary aim is to Invoke as much as possible through the use of Devoted Maniac, Dragonblight Cultist, and Shield of Galakrond. As well as upgrading Galakrond, the Wretched this will also provide you with many 1/1 Imps to contest the board or aid the use of spells like Sacrificial Pact for healing and Plague of Flames for board clears.
Once your Galakrond is fully Invoked, you can use it to swing back onto the board and begin to pressure your opponent. The new Hero Power you will receive will give you can endless supply of Imps to pressure your opponent. As you will have drawn the majority of your deck at this point, you should be rid of nearly all duplicates from your deck, allowing the use of Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza for bursts of tempo and damage.
Against Aggro, should try to contest the board harder through the use of cards like Devoted Maniac to help minimise the damage you take and help fight for control of the board. Additionally, you should make liberal use of removal and healing tools like Nether Breath and Dark Skies as your win condition will largly be just to survive.
Against Control, you should heavily prioritise card draw and Invoking as quickly as possible. As, despite being a Control deck, Galakrond Warlock reaches fatigue much faster than other Control decks. This makes it essential to Invoke and play Galakrond, the Wretched as soon as possible to pressure opponents out of the game before fatigue damage sets in.
Galakrond Control Warlock Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Fiendish Rites for 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Unstable Felbolt for 1x Fiendish Rites.
- 15 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's