Hoej HCT Sprint Championship Pirate Warrior Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Hoej's Pirate Warrior Card List
- 2. Hoej's Pirate Warrior Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On Hoej's Pirate Warrior
- 4. Hoej's Pirate Warrior Pros and Cons
- 5. About the Author
- 6. ChangeLog
This Pirate Warrior variant is one of the decks used by Hoej to win the 2017 HCT Spring Championship. It is teched towards being able to consistently attack opponents directly, favouring cards like Spellbreaker and Bittertide Hydra over Mortal Strike
Disclaimer: The success of this deck predates the balance patch that was applied on 18th September 2017 which may have an impact on the effectiveness of the deck.
1. Hoej's Pirate Warrior Card List
This deck costs 7,000 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Warrior Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAQcEyAOvBJG8Aq/CAg0csAKRA/8DjgWoBdQF8gXuBucH7weCsAKIsAIA (copy to clipboard)
2. Hoej's Pirate Warrior Mana Curve
3. Comments On Hoej's Pirate Warrior
This variant aims to be able to attack the opponent's Hero as consistently as possible. It uses two copies of Spellbreaker to help deal with opposing Taunt minions and adds in Bittertide Hydra to capitalise on the minimal threat caused by Taunt minions. Mortal Strike is removed from this variant, due to the more consistent damage possible from direct attacks.
4. Hoej's Pirate Warrior Pros and Cons
The Silence effects make this variant much stronger against archetypes that favour Taunt minions such as Quest Warrior and Midrange Paladin, while also helping to bypass the Freeze effects of the various Mage decks present in the current meta. However, this variant becomes slightly weaker against other aggressive decks where Silence effects yield little value.
5. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Pesty, a professional Hearthstone player playing since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
6. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 12 Jul. 2017: Added decklist used by Hoej to win HCT Spring Championship.
- This Week's Starcraft-Themed Tavern Brawl Rewards Three K&C Packs
- What's the Move #19 - Shadowy Thoughts
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard