Pirate Warrior Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons January 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Pirate Warrior in the Descent of Dragons expansion meta.
Pirate Warrior is a long-standing aggressive Warrior deck that has rotated in and out of meta games throughout Hearthstone's history. The latest edition of the deck takes advantage of Ancharrr to be able sustain its heavy minion aggression for even longer.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Pirate Warrior Mulligan Guide
As a hyper-Aggro deck, it is essential for you to look for the fastest possible opening hand when playing Pirate Warrior.
- General Mulligan — Sky Raider, Town Crier, Ancharrr.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Parachute Brigand.
- Mulligan Against Control — Skybarge
Pirate Warrior Strategy
The aim of Pirate Warrior is to be able to kill your opponent as quickly as possible. You should aim to navigate the early turns in such a way to build the strongest board in the least amount of time. This stage of the game is the generally the only point you should consider trading your non-Rush minions and even then, it should only be done if you are protecting a more important minions or making a value trade. In the mid game you should look to equip and start attacking with Ancharrr as soon as possible. This will provide you with enough minions to keep up pressure and can be re-equipped using Hoard Pillager once its destroyed. The constant flow of Pirates and other Charge/Rush minions should allow you to quickly close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should take a little bit more consideration when it comes to trading. You should focus on removing the most threatening minions on the board, especially those that can snowball like Questing Adventurer or Frothing Berserker, while still dealing as much damage to your opponent's face as possible.
Against Control, you should expect games to last slightly longer and plan accordingly. If possible, you should avoid playing any weapon other than Ancharrr until the late game. This will ensure that your Hoard Pillager will bring back your very important card-draw weapon and ensure you have the minions to close out the game.
Pirate Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Frothing Berserker for 2x Faceless Corruptor.
- Against Control — Add 1x Arcanite Reaper for 1x Southsea Deckhand.
- 10 Jan. 2020: Deck has been updated for the January balance patch. Removed 1x Arcanite Reaper for 1x Hoard Pillager.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Deck Added
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Dragon Hunter
- Embiggen Druid
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Pepe's Rank 5 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Misplay's Top 10 Legend
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Orange's Top 10 Legend
- Need help with "Charon's Top 200 Legend Token Druid Deck - Galakrond's Awakening January 2020"
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List