Pirate Warrior Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Pirate Warrior in the Ashes of Outland expansion meta.
Pirate Warrior is a long-standing aggressive Warrior deck that has rotated in and out of meta games throughout Hearthstone's history. The latest edition of the deck takes advantage of Ancharrr to be able sustain its heavy minion aggression for even longer.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Pirate Warrior Mulligan Guide
As a hyper-Aggro deck, it is essential for you to look for the fastest possible opening hand when playing Pirate Warrior.
- General Mulligan — Sky Raider, Southsea Deckhand, Ancharrr.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Parachute Brigand.
- Mulligan Against Control — Skybarge
Pirate Warrior Strategy
The aim of Pirate Warrior is to be able to kill your opponent as quickly as possible. You should aim to navigate the early turns in such a way to build the strongest board in the least amount of time. This stage of the game is the generally the only point you should consider trading your non-Rush minions and even then, it should only be done if you are protecting a more important minions or making a value trade. In the mid game you should look to equip and start attacking with Ancharrr as soon as possible. This will provide you with enough minions to keep up pressure and can be re-equipped using Hoard Pillager once its destroyed. The constant flow of Pirates and other Charge/Rush minions should allow you to quickly close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should take a little bit more consideration when it comes to trading. You should focus on removing the most threatening minions on the board, especially those that can snowball like Questing Adventurer or Frothing Berserker, while still dealing as much damage to your opponent's face as possible.
Against Control, you should expect games to last slightly longer and plan accordingly. If possible, you should avoid playing any weapon other than Ancharrr until the late game. This will ensure that your Hoard Pillager will bring back your very important card-draw weapon and ensure you have the minions to close out the game.
Pirate Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Frothing Berserker for 2x Faceless Corruptor.
- Against Control — Add 1x Kargath Bladefist for 1x Southsea Deckhand.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Town Crier, 2x Sharkfin Fan for 2x Frothing Berserker, 2x Kor'kron Elite.
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland pre-patch. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 1x Arcanite Reaper.
- 10 Jan. 2020: Deck has been updated for the January balance patch. Removed 1x Arcanite Reaper for 1x Hoard Pillager.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Deck Added
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's