Spell Druid Deck List Guide - Scholomance Academy August 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Spell Druid in the Scholomance Academy expansion.
Spell Druid is a spell-based archetype that aims to use very few minions in order to the maximum value from powerful spells like Fungal Fortunes. Despite being spell-based the largely wins through token-based strategys thanks to the power of spells like Glowfly Swarm and minions like Exotic Mountseller.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Spell Druid Mulligan Guide
Spell Druid is an archetype that only truly becomes effective once it hits 7 Mana, where it can use powerful spells like Bogbeam and Ironbark as well as minions like Exotic Mountseller and Kael'thas Sunstrider. To aid this strategy, Overgrowth is by far the most important cards to look for in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Overgrowth, Fungal Fortunes.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Crystal Power.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Kael'thas Sunstrider.
Spell Druid Strategy
Despite the spell-based exterior, the deck shares most similarities with Token Druid and Ramp Druid archetypes. You should primarily be aiming to rush to 7 Mana using Overgrowth, drawing cards with Fungal Fortunes, and contesting the board with Glowfly Swarm along the way. With 7 Mana available, you can begin to use one of the two powerful minions in the deck to contest the board and push for a win. Using Exotic Mountseller you can use the various 0-Cost spells in the deck, including Bogbeam and Ironbark once at 7 Mana, to flood the board with an array of 3-Cost Beasts to pressure your opponent. Alternatively these 0-Cost spells can be used with Kael'thas Sunstrider allowing you weave in a powerful spell like Overflow, Gift of the Wild, or Glowfly Swarm on every 3rd cast.
Against Aggro, you should play a bit more cautiously during the early game, making full use of removal spells like Bogbeam and even contesting the board with Glowfly Swarm if needed. However, you should never neglect playing Overgrowth to slow down the board due to its key role in enabling the strategy of your deck.
Against Control, you should try to draw a lot and play as fast as possible. The finite board-flooding resources in your deck can easily be removed with the multitude of board clears in control decks. However, if you put on enough pressure you can close out games before they are able to draw into them.
Spell Druid Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x The Forest's Aid for 1x Moonfire.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Wrath for 1x Power of the Wild.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Scholomance Academy expansion. Added 2x Lightning Bloom, 2x Nature Studies, for 2x Wrath, 2x Rising Winds.
- 11 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!