Token Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Token Druid in The Wailing Caverns expansion meta.
Token Druid is a hyper-aggressive archetype that is full of low-cost minions and can flood the board on Turn 1 with the help of Gibberling. Once the deck has a board, it can compound its advantage with spells like Power of the Wild and Arbor Up to achieve quick victories against opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Token Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
Token Druid is a hyper-aggressive deck and you should look for the fastest possible opening hand to explode onto the board.
- General Mulligan — Gibberling, Thorngrowth Sentries, Nature Studies, Fungal Fortunes.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Lightning Bloom, Lunar Eclipse.
- Mulligan Against Control — Glowfly Swarm.
Token Druid Deck Strategy
As a hyper-aggressive deck, you should try to secure the board as quickly as possible with cheap 1-drops. With the aid of Innervate and Lightning Bloom, you can have incredibly explosive Turn 1 plays, especially if you have Gibberling in play. Once you have minions on board, you should try to bolster your position using Power of the Wild and Pride's Fury, refilling your hand with Fungal Fortunes if needed. After you have chipped away at your opponent's Health, Arbor Up, doubled with Solar Eclipse if possible, can be used to provide a huge boost in damage to your board, often enough to burst down your opponent and end the game.
Against Aggro, you should be much more respectful of your opponent's minions, taking any value trades available to protect your board. Arbor Up should be used much more liberally to ensure you do not lose control of the board and Pride's Fury becomes an excellent card to pair with Solar Eclipse due to the resilience it gives your board.
Against Control, you should try to play a bit more conservatively through the game. In particular, you should try to space out your Glowfly Swarm and Gibberlings so that you can fill your board on at least 4 different turns, with a possibility of more if you can acquire a Soul of the Forest or extra Glowfly Swarms from Nature Studies. Eventually you should be able to stick a board that can then be compounded with Arbor Up to close out the game.
Token Druid Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Runic Carvings for 1x Power of the Wild.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Wailing Caverns meta.
- 06 Apr. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Year of the Gryphon.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Deck and guide have been completely overhauled to match Gibberling variants.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Removed 2x Wispering Woods, 2x Landscaping, 1x Mark of the Loa, 1x SN1P-SN4P for 2x Fungal Fortunes, 2x Glowfly Swarm, 2x Rising Winds.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Descent of Dragons expansion.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the Saviors of Uldum Expansion.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been updated for the July card rotation. Removed 1x Mark of the Loa for 1x SN1P-SN4P.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been updated for the May play season. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Dendrologist, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Argent Squire for 2x Wrath, 2x Swipe, 1x Archmage Vargoth, 2x Mark of the Loa 1x Blessing of the Ancients
- 10 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Wild Growth, 1x Ironwood Golem for 2x Greedy Sprite, 1x Innervate.
- 07 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 23 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed following the December balance patch.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Treant Token Druid variant added.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Oaken Summons, 1x Ironwood Golem.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Guide updated for the October play season. Scavenger variant updated, removed 1x Oaken Summons, 1x Naturalize, 1x Power of the Wild for 1x Savage Roar, 1x Strongshell Scavenger, 1x Saronite Chain Gang
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Innervate, 1x Wrath, 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop, for 2x Giggling Inventor, 1x Power of the Wild.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Project expansion. Removed 1x Power of the Wild for 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop.
- 01 Jul. 2018: Guide has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 31 May 2018: Deck added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players