Spell Mage Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Spell Mage in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Spell Mage Mulligan Guide
Spell Mage heavily relies on powerful synergies between its cards. In order to see the true benefits of these cards, it is important to aggressively mulligan for them in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Incanter's Flow, Font of Power, Learn Draconic.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Frostbolt.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Arcane Intellect.
Spell Mage Strategy
When piloting this deck, your aim should be to focus on playing Incanter's Flow to reduce the cost of your spells as soon as possible and use Learn Draconic and Font of Power to generate minions. Once these cards have been played you can swing back onto the board using reduced cost spells from your hand supported by any minion you may have. From this position you can continually control the board with your spells, especially Apexis Blast, while using your minions to grind down your opponent's Health to win the game.
Against Aggro, you should play a bit more cautiously when trying to control the board, taking additional value trades with your minions where available. However, you should still try not to prolong the game too long as the lack of healing present in your deck limits the amount of time you have before your opponent can grind down your Health, especially against Hunters and Demon Hunters.
Against Control, you should try to get some minions on the board and become the aggressor as soon as possible. You should try to pressure your opponent's Health as much as possible with your minions, allowing your opponent to do all the trading where necessary. Should the game go longer, you should try to empty your hand to get full value from Evocation as either an additional source of burst damage or a way to refill your hand via spells like Magic Trick and Font of Power.
Spell Mage Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 2x Raid the Sky Temple for 1x The Amazing Reno.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Ice Barrier for 1x Fireball.
- 11 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's