Zoo Warlock Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows April 2019)
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Zoo Warlock play for The Rastakhan's Rumble meta.
Zoo Warlock is an aggressive board-centric deck that has existed since the beginning of Hearthstone. It uses cheap and powerful minions to flood the board to create an early dominant board position that can snowball out of control for quick victories.
1. Zoo Warlock Card List
This Zoo Warlock deck costs 7,520 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Warlock Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Zoo Warlock Mana Curve
3. Zoo Warlock Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, Zoo Warlock needs to be very quick onto the board in order to secure dominant board position to begin making use of the powerful synergies in the deck.
- General Mulligan —Flame Imp, Voidwalker, Scarab Egg.
- Mulligan Against Aggro —Hench-Clan Hogsteed.
- Mulligan Against Control —No additional cards needed.
4. Zoo Warlock Strategy
The aim of Zoo Warlock is to secure an early board position using cards like Flame Imp and Voidwalker before using synergies like Knife Juggler and Grim Rally with Scarab Egg to compound your board advantage. Despite being an Aggro deck, you should regularly take value trades on the board to ensure you are able to protect the rest of your board for maximum long-term damage. As you slowly chip away at your opponent's Health, you will eventually reach a position where you can finish them off using a combination of Leeroy Jenkins and Soulfire.
Against Aggro it is even more important to take any value trades available. As Aggro decks will generally lack any form of AoE to deal with your board, maintaining control of the board alone is often enough to win the game as you will simply outvalue your opponent.
Against Control it is important to play a much more conservatively on the board. You should expect your board to get cleared at least once, so it is important to hold back a healthy amount of resources in anticipation. Life Tap will become your best friend while you have control of the board and will allow you replenish your resources while waiting for opponents to react to your board. Winning against Control will usually require you to continually repopulate your board and force your opponent to run out of removal and board clears in hand.
5. Zoo Warlock Card Swaps
- Against Aggro —Add 2x Argent Squire for 1x Arch-Villain Rafaam and 1x Spellbreaker.
- Against Control —Add 2x Jumbo Imp and 2x Rafaam's Scheme for 2x Hench-Clan Hogsteed and 2x Soulfire.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck and guide have been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Soul Infusion, 2x Doubling Imp for 2x Spellbreaker, 2x Despicable Dreadlord.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Swapped the Spellbreaker and Leeroy Jenkins back for Doomguards.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Swapped the Doomguards for a Spellbreaker and a Leeroy Jenkins.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Updated for The Boomsday Project: added The Soularium, Soul Infusion, and Doubling Imp.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- 10 New Decks to Try in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage
- Basic Druid Deck
- Lackey Rogue