Big Shaman Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Big Shaman in The Descent of Dragons expansion.
Big Shaman is a defensive deck that aims to cheat out big minions through the use of Muckmorpher and Eureka!. With big minions in play, they can then be combined with Ancestral Spirit and Big Bad Voodoo to become recurring threats.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Big Shaman Mulligan Guide
As a slow deck, you should look for defensive tools in your mulligan to help you survive until the late game where the deck truly shines.
- General Mulligan — Muckmorpher, Far Sight, Hagatha's Scheme.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Lightning Storm.
- Mulligan Against Control — Eureka!, Blatant Decoy.
Big Shaman Strategy
Your aim throughout the early and mid game is to simply survive. Powerful board clears like Lightning Storm and Hagatha's Scheme make it easy to deal with wide boards and Hex can deal with any large threats. If you have any Mana spare, you can also use Far Sight to cycle through your deck. From turn 5 onward, you should use Muckmorpher and Eureka! to copy minions from your deck and hand respectively. This will allow you to create multiple high-value threats that can then be combined with Ancestral Spirit and Big Bad Voodoo to pressure your opponent into submission.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of Lightning Storm and Hagatha's Scheme to keep the board under control. Once you get minions onto the board, you should prioritise your Lifesteal minions, Walking Fountain and Zilliax, with Ancestral Spirit to ensure you do not get rushed down. With enough healing and removal, you should be able to win through simply outlasting your opponent.
Against Control, you should try to maximise the value of your minions as you can expect your opponent to have a lot of removal. Manipulating your hand in such a way that Eureka! is more likely to target Big Bad Archmage or Ysera will greatly increase the amount of value you can generate. Additionally, you should try to avoid playing too many large threats onto the board at once to avoid being punished by a board clear. Instead, pressure your opponent with 2 threats at a time and force them to waste their removal on them before you commit more minions to the board. Eventually, you should find yourself in a position where your opponent has no removal left and you win the game with any minions you have remaining.
Big Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Witch's Brew for 1x Ysera.
- Against Control — Add 1x Big Bad Voodoo, for 1x Earth Shock.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x Sylvannas Windrunner, 1x Ragnaros the Firelord for 1x Shu'ma, 1x Ysera.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Added 1x Sylvanas Windrunner, 1x Ragnaros the Firelord for 1x Ysera, 1x Haunting Visions.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 1x Mutate, 2x Rain of Toads, 1x Big Bad Archmage for 2x Blatant Decoy, 1x Earthquake, 1x Colossus of the Moon.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 11 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's