Big Shaman Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum October 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Big Shaman in The Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Big Shaman is a defensive deck that aims to cheat out big minions through the use of Muckmorpher and Eureka!. With big minions in play, they can then be combined with Ancestral Spirit, Big Bad Voodoo, and Mutate to become recurring threats.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Big Shaman Mulligan Guide
As a slow deck, you should look for defensive tools in your mulligan to help you survive until the late game where the deck truly shines.
- General Mulligan — Muckmorpher, Far Sight, Hagatha's Scheme.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Lightning Storm.
- Mulligan Against Control — Eureka!, Blatant Decoy.
Big Shaman Strategy
Your aim throughout the early and mid game is to simply survive. Powerful board clears like Lightning Storm and Hagatha's Scheme make it easy to deal with wide boards and Hex can deal with any large threats. If you have any Mana spare, you can also use Far Sight to cycle through your deck. From turn 5 onward, you should use Muckmorpher and Eureka! to copy minions from your deck and hand respectively. This will allow you to create multiple high-value threats that can then be combined with Ancestral Spirit and Big Bad Voodoo to pressure your opponent into submission.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of Lightning Storm and Hagatha's Scheme to keep the board under control. Once you get minions onto the board, you should prioritise your Lifesteal minions, Walking Fountain and Zilliax, with Ancestral Spirit to ensure you do not get rushed down. With enough healing and removal, you should be able to win through simply outlasting your opponent.
Against Control, you should try to maximise the value of your minions as you can expect your opponent to have a lot of removal. Manipulating your hand in such a way that Eureka! is more likely to target Big Bad Archmage or Ragnaros the Firelord will greatly increase the amount of value you can generate. Additionally, you should try to avoid playing too many large threats onto the board at once to avoid being punished by a board clear. Instead, pressure your opponent with 2 threats at a time and force them to waste their removal on them before you commit more minions to the board. Eventually, you should find yourself in a position where your opponent has no removal left and you win the game with any minions you have remaining.
Big Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Witch's Brew for 1x Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Against Control — Add 1x Big Bad Voodoo, for 1x Earth Shock.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Added 1x Sylvanas Windrunner, 1x Ragnaros the Firelord for 1x Ysera, 1x Haunting Visions.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 1x Mutate, 2x Rain of Toads, 1x Big Bad Archmage for 2x Blatant Decoy, 1x Earthquake, 1x Colossus of the Moon.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 11 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Hearthstone 15.6.2 Patch Notes
- Celebrate 25 Years of Warcraft
- Tavern Brawl Temporarily Disabled
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Patch 15.6 Issues: Fixes Coming Monday/Tuesday
- Hearthstone 15.6 Update Patch Notes
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Quick Official Video Highlight Summaries for the Announcements at BlizzCon
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Battlegrounds Mechanics
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- Arena Warlock Tier Lists