Celestial Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Celestial Druid in The Forged in the Barrens expansion meta.
Celestial Druid is a twist ondecks that aim to rush to 7 Mana in order to flatten both players' Mana Crystals and card costs. The deck can abuse this position through the use of formerly high-Cost cards and Mana Acceleration tools.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Celestial Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
Celstial Druid relies on Druid ramp mechanics in order to execute its strategy with ease. To aid this, it is important to look for key ramp cards likein your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Wild Growth, . , ,
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No further cards required against Aggro.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required against Control.
Celestial Druid Deck Strategy
Throughout the early game, your aim is to gain Mana as quickly as possible, no matter what. This is commonly done with Wild Growth and , which can both be discounted by . If you fail to draw into any of these cards, can be used to bridge the gap to your higher cost cards.
The aim of gaining Mana is get yourself into a position to play and abuse Nourish for Mana, allowing you to play gain additioonal cards per turn. Alternatively, having or alone is also adequate.. Before playing Celestial Alignment, you should try to ensure you have cards in hand to abuse it. Ways to gain more Mana in a turn, like , , and
Once you have safely played Celestial Alignment, you can begin to put heavy pressure onto opponents through the use of, , and , doubling them with for additional value. Once your hand begins to empty, you can then look to use to refill your hand with 1-Mana spells to continue your aggression for the remainder of the game.
Against Aggro, you should not pay too much attention to their early game, and instead focus on using Taunt minions orto swing back onto the board. Later in the game, it is often best to use your to double your to allow you to return to a comfortable amount of effective Health as you close out the game with your big minions.
Against Control, you should try to space out your threats more evenly to ensure you do not get punished by a large board clear. To aid this, usingon will help all of your minion exceed 10/10 stats, making each minion threatening enough to win the game alone.
Celestial Druid Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x for even more minion pressure.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x for 1x to slow down aggression.
The copies of, . and are completely interchangeable in the deck at your discretion. Using two Lake Threshers will allow you to deal with wider boards a bit easier whereas Teacher's Pets provide a bit more resilience for your board.
- 31 Mar. 2020: Guide added.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees