Galakrond Tempo Rogue Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Galakrond Tempo Rogue in the Descent of Dragons expansion.
Galakrond Tempo Rogue is an archetype that arose in the Desecent of Dragons expansion. It takes traditional Tempo Rogue and Lackey Rogue tools and combines them with the power of Galakrond, the Nightmare to create a deck capable of huge tempo plays and lots of value.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Galakrond Tempo Rogue Deck Lists
Galakrond Tempo Rogue Mulligan Guide
Galakrond Tempo Rogue is a tempo deck that relies largely on the use of Invoke mechanics. As such, you will largely be looking for Invoke cards in your mulligan to ensure a strong mid game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Praise Galakrond!, Seal Fate, and Bloodsail Flybooter.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Backstab.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Spirit of the Shark.
Galakrond Tempo Rogue Strategy
Galakrond Rogue requires you to stay safe during the early game. You should make use of Rogue's cheap removal, prioritising using the Invoke spells, Praise Galakrond! and Seal Fate, wherever possible. Once you reach the mid game, there are various different directions you can go with this deck depending on your hand composition.
If you have access to Spirit of the Shark and Edwin VanCleef, you can aim to win by generating a huge minion to finish off your opponent quickly. This largely relies on the use of Umbral Skulker if you have been able to Invoke twice, the large number of The Coins you generate will give you the Mana to play more cards, while also boosting the stats of your Edwin Vancleef. This strategy can also be applied on a smaller scale with Questing Adventurer.
If you do not have the tools to make a big minion, you can alternatively set up for a huge tempo play in the late game. To set this up, you should look to use Heistbaron Togwaggle to draw 0-cost cards using Wondrous Wand or simply use the Battlecry of Galakrond, the Nightmare. The ability to draw 0-cost cards can be utilised in multiple ways. Firstly, you can shuffle in multiples of a powerful cards like Heistbaron Togwaggle or Kronx Dragonhoof to utilise their powerful Battlecries many times. Alternatively, you can use the free cards as an easier way to generate large copies of Questing Adventurer and Edwin VanCleef to finish off your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should try to keep the board under control, making full use of your Lackeys as the deck has no direct source of healing available. If you do find yourself behind, Kronx Dragonhoof is an extremely powerful card that can be used to clear the board or heal up your Hero and is a perfect target for Togwaggle's Scheme.
Against Control, your aim should be to maximise the value of your deck to win the game. Heistbaron Togwaggle is a powerful card for doing this and is a perfect target for Togwaggle's Scheme. If you can play the card multiple times, you can use the Wondrous Wand Treasure to draw through your deck in the mid game and then use Zarog's Crown Treasure for huge value in the late game.
Galakrond Tempo Rogue Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Eviscerate, 1x Zilliax for 1x Questing Adventurer, 1x Sap.
- Against Control — Add 1x Flik Skyshiv for 1x Bloodsail Flybooter.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Deck added.
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Dragon Hunter
- Embiggen Druid
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Pepe's Rank 5 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Misplay's Top 10 Legend
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Orange's Top 10 Legend
- Need help with "Charon's Top 200 Legend Token Druid Deck - Galakrond's Awakening January 2020"
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List