Malygos Quest Warlock Deck List Guide - Scholomance Academy August 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Warlock in the Scholomance Academy expansion.
Quest Warlock is a unique deck that aims to draw cards as fast as possible for the Supreme Archaeology Quest. Once the Quest is complete, it uses the Tome of Origination Hero Power to consistently discount cards and overwhelm opponents with the resulting tempo.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Malygos Quest Warlock Mulligan Guide
As a Quest deck, your primary aim when mulliganing should be to prioritise finding cards that help you complete your Quest as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan — Supreme Archaeology, Questing Explorer, Tour Guide.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Spirit Jailer, Dark Skies.
- Mulligan Against Control — Plot Twist.
Malygos Quest Warlock Strategy
The primary aim of Quest Warlock is to use Life Tap and other draw mechanics to draw as many cards as possible. Once your hand is full, or nearly full, Plot Twist can be used to complete Supreme Archaeology almost instantly. With the Quest complete, you should try to use Tome of Origination to discount Malygos, Alexstrasza, and burn spells like Nether Breath and Rain of Fire to assemble a combination of cards to burst down your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should prioritise surviving much more highly than just completing your Quest. While you should still use Life Tap, you will often find yourself skipping them for board clears like Dark Skies and Crazed Netherwing. If you find yourself low on Health, Mo'arg Artificer is extremely powerful with Nether Breath, doubling both the damage done and Health stolen, double again to 16 with 2 Artificiers. Once you stabilise on the board, you will often became to grind down your opponent with little or no burst damage from your combo cards.
Against Control, it is very important to maximise the damage of your final combo, as your opponent will most likely be able to heal the small amounts of damage you deal throughout the game. To counteract this, you should try to discount as many combo pieces as you can with Tome of Origination. If you have drawn too many Combo pieces naturally, especially Malygos and Alexstrasza, you can use Plot Twist at any point to try and shuffle them back into your deck. If you have multiple burn-damage spells in hand, Lorekeeper Polkelt can additionally be use to put your expensive 9-cost Dragons to the top of your deck, allowing you to easily naturally draw them using your Hero Power and natural draws to pull off your combo quicker.
Malygos Quest Warlock Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Abyssal Summoner for 1x Lorekeeper Polkelt and 1x Brittlebone Destroyer.
- Against Control — Add 1x Soulfire for 1x Soul Shear.
- 07 Aug. 2020: Deck added.
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Activision Blizzard To Close France Office
- Week 1 Analysis of the Heist League from The Chaos Report
- WarCraft 2 Remake in WC3: Reforged
- Second Warcraft Movie Rumor Mentioned by Chris Metzen
- Second Source Allegedly Confirms The Burning Crusade Classic Beta in March 2021
- Introducing Icy Wiki