Miracle Priest Deck List Guide (Rastakhan's Rumble January 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Miracle Priest in The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
Miracle Priest is an archetype that first saw play with the release of the Journey to Un'Goro expansion. As the name suggests, it is very reminiscent of old Miracle Rogue deck and is able to cycle through a huge number of cards using a combination of Radiant Elemental, Lyra the Sunshard, Northshire Cleric, and Wild Pyromancer. The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion is what truly gave the deck direction. The additions of Grave Horror and Seance gave the deck purpose and rewards the deck for playing so many spells and allows the deck to overwhelm opponents with multiple 7/8s in a single turn.
In the early days of the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion, Miracle Priest is proving to be a viable alternative to Combo Priest decks, having much less dependency on pulling off a single combo.
1. Miracle Priest Card List
This Miracle Priest deck costs 5,660 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Miracle Priest Mana Curve
3. Miracle Priest Mulligan Guide
Combo Priest is a very proactive deck that aims to play a large number of spells each turn. In order to do that, it is important to find key cards in your Mulligan to facilitate it.
You should always look for Northshire Cleric and Power Word: Shield in your opening hand. If you already have a cleric, you can additionally look for Wild Pyromancer, Circle of Healing, and Radiant Elemental.
4. Miracle Priest Strategy
In the early game, you should try and secure the board so that you can begin cycling through your deck. Your primary minions you will want to play are Northshire Cleric and Radiant Elemental. However, due to the high value of these cards in the deck, you should examine the potential responses from your opponent. For example, against opponents that can easily deal 3 points of damage, such as a Rogue, you should not risk losing these key minions. One exception to this rule is if you can immediately play a Power Word: Shield, which will make your minions safe unless your opponent can deal 5 damage.
Although the deck aims to play as many spells as possible, it is important to save them for the right moment as it can be easy to get carried away with a Radiant Elemental in play. Instead, you should be saving most of your spells to use in combination with Wild Pyromancer, Questing Adventurer, Dragon Soul, or Lyra the Sunshard later in the game. The exception to this is Shadow Visions, which can be used to pick up another cheap spell, or simply another copy of itself to work toward making the Grave Horrors in your deck cheaper.
Moving into the mid game, you should try to trade efficiently to keep some control of the board and drawing with Northshire Cleric and Lesser Heal wherever possible. In addition to this, you should try to play out Banana Buffoon from your hand as soon as possible so that you can have cheap spells readily available.
As the number of cheap spells in hand increases, you should look to develop minions like Questing Adventurer and Sand Drudge. If they are in imminent danger when played, you can play a cheap spell like Bananas or Power Word: Shield to protect them and trigger their ability in the process. During this time, you can also equip your Dragon Soul weapon if you have Mana to spare.
When it comes to cycling and generating cards with the deck, there are 3 different 'miracle' tools available. Firstly, Northshire Cleric can be used in combination with Wild Pyromancer and Circle of Healing. With the Pyromancer damaging everything and the Cleric drawing a card every time they are subsequently healed, this is a great way to draw if there are many minions on the board and can be done early in the game. Secondly, Lyra the Sunshard can be used to turn every spell played into another cheap spell. This is excellent with Radiant Elemental in play and can be done immediately if you have no other key cards in your hand as you will always maintain the same number of spells in hand. This is especially powerful if you have a Questing Adventurer or Dragon Soul in play. The last Miracle tool available is Gadgetzan Auctioneer. Auctioneers are great for cycling through your deck to make sure you can assemble whatever cards you need and can perform similarly to Lyra if a Questing Adventurer or Dragon Soul is in play, however, as it can sometimes replace your cards with minions rather than spells, you have the potential to run out of spells to play.
Miracle Priest is a very diverse deck and how you eventually win will differ greatly from game to game. However, there is a recurring trend of 3 main methods to win the game:
- The most common way you will win games will be with Dragon Soul or Questing Adventurer. By playing a large number of spells with either of these cards in play, you will be able to generate an immense amount of tempo that will be incredibly difficult for opponents to overcome.
- Secondly, with all the spells played in the deck, you can play Grave Horrors for free later in the game to heavily pressure opponents. In addition to being played for free, they can also be duplicated using Seance for additional copies.
- Lastly, the presence of Lyra the Sunshard in the deck will generate you a broad range of free spells. The sheer number of spells you generate will frequently outvalue opponents and while not consistent, you will regularly find yourself coming across strong combos such as Divine Spirit and Inner Fire or burn damage with Mind Blast to win the game.
5. Miracle Priest Card Swaps
6. Budget Miracle Priest Deck
This Budget Miracle Priest cuts out the Legendary cards Dragon Soul and Lyra the Sunshard in favour of cheaper alternatives. While Auctiooneer is a reasonable replacement for Lyra, there is no alternative for Dragon Soul.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
To make up for the lack of Dragon Soul as a win condition, this variant utilises a Divine Spirit and Inner Fire combo instead. This combo is by no means the primary win condition of the deck. However, having it available will allow you to swiftly finish off your opponent if you manage to have a Grave Horror survive a single turn.
7. Wild Miracle Priest Deck
Miracle Priest is currently new to the Standard format and there are no Wild variants available.
8. Quick Tips and Tricks
- Using just a single Bananas on Questing Adventurer makes it much more likely to survive until the following turn.
- Try not to burn through too many spells until you have a way to refill you hand or can go for the win with Questing Adventurer or Dragon Soul.
- Seance can be used on Radiant Elementals for more powerful turns with Lyra the Sunshard as well as duplicating Grave Horrors.
9. Similar Hearthstone Decks
If you enjoyed playing Miracle Priest, we have many other Hearthstone deck guides you may enjoy.
Similar Priest decks:
Other Miracle decks:
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck added.
- Madame Lazul Reveal: Rise of Shadows
- Three New Rise of Shadows Cards Revealed in Latest Hearthside Chat
- Inven Global Leak on Hearthstone Grandmasters Format
- Tavern Brawl: Battle of the Bans
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Rise of Shadows Card Reveal Schedule
- Roger and Reall Banned from Hearthstone Grandmasters
- Oblivitron & Lazul's Scheme Reveal: Rise of Shadows
- Tournaments - knowing your opponents deck
- Lich King vs Priest -Help!!!
- What has happened to this site?
- Robe of the Magi
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Rumble Run Mage Guide
- Rumble Run High Priest Thekal
- Whizbang the Wonderful