Spell Druid Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Spell Druid in the Scholomance Academy expansion.
Spell Druid is a spell-based archetype that aims to use very few minions in order to the maximum value from powerful spells like. Despite being spell-based the largely wins through token-based strategys thanks to the power of spells like and minions like .
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Spell Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
Spell Druid is an archetype that only truly becomes effective once it hits 7 Mana, where it can use powerful spells likeand as well as minions like and . To aid this strategy, is by far the most important cards to look for in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Spell Druid Deck Strategy
Despite the spell-based exterior, the deck shares most similarities with Token Druid and Ramp Druid archetypes. You should primarily be aiming to rush to 7 Mana using , drawing cards with , and contesting the board with along the way. With 7 Mana available, you can begin to use one of the two powerful minions in the deck to contest the board and push for a win. Using you can use the various 0-Cost spells in the deck, including and once at 7 Mana, to flood the board with an array of 3-Cost Beasts to pressure your opponent. Alternatively these 0-Cost spells can be used with allowing you weave in a powerful spell like , , or on every 3rd cast.
Against Aggro, you should play a bit more cautiously during the early game, making full use of removal spells likeand even contesting the board with if needed. However, you should never neglect playing to slow down the board due to its key role in enabling the strategy of your deck.
Against Control, you should try to draw a lot and play as fast as possible. The finite board-flooding resources in your deck can easily be removed with the multitude of board clears in control decks. However, if you put on enough pressure you can close out games before they are able to draw into them.
Spell Druid Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Moonfire. for 1x
- Against Aggro — Add 1x for 1x .
- 06 Aug. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Scholomance Academy expansion. Added 2x Lightning Bloom, 2x Nature Studies, for 2x Wrath, 2x Rising Winds.
- 11 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players