Spiteful Priest Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Spiteful Priest Card List
- 2. Spiteful Priest Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On Spiteful Priest
- 4. Spiteful Priest Pros and Cons
- 5. Spiteful Priest Quick Mulligan Guide
- 6. About the Author
- 7. ChangeLog
Spiteful Priest is a Dragon Priest variant that cuts out all cheap spells and instead relies purely on Dragon Battlecry effects to control the board. As a result, Spiteful Summoner can be used to take advantage of the exclusive use of high-Cost spells for big tempo plays.
As part of the May balance patch that increased the cost of Spiteful Summoner, this deck has decreased in strength. However, the core functionality of the deck has stayed the same and it still remains viable.
1. Spiteful Priest Card List
This deck costs 8,840 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAa0GBtzBApziAtDnApDvApvwArD7AgwI8gzVwQLKwwKZyALKywLL5gL86gLX6wKO7gLy8QLeggMA (copy to clipboard)
2. Spiteful Priest Mana Curve
3. Comments On Spiteful Priest
This minion-heavy Dragon Priest deck utilises the Spiteful Summoner package found across many classes. By running Free From Amber and Mind Control as the only spells in the deck, Spiteful Summoner is able to summon a powerful 8-Cost or 10-Cost minion for huge tempo plays. As both of the spells used are guaranteed to net a positive effect, Grand Archivist is also used within the deck. The presence of Dragon synergy cards such as Duskbreaker and Twilight Acolyte functions as removal for the deck to make up for the spell deficiency required for the Spiteful Summoner package.
The deck also runs two powerful minions to greatly boost the strength of minions in the deck. Both Prince Keleseth and Lady in White greatly improve all minions in the deck for a huge boost in strength for the remainder of the game.
4. Spiteful Priest Pros and Cons
Spiteful Priest is very powerful and can easily gain enough tempo to outpace almost any opponent. However, success can be very dependent on drawing into key cards such as Spiteful Summoner and Lady in White, making it possible to occasionally lose games due to poor draws.
5. Spiteful Priest Quick Mulligan Guide
As a very board-centric deck, you should mulligan to try and have a solid play every turn. Prince Keleseth is an especially powerful card to get in your opening hand in any matchup.
Against Aggro decks you can additionally keep Duskbreaker in your opening hand to help clear the board if you cannot seize control.
6. About the Author
This guide is presented to you by Kat, a professional Hearthstone player competing at the highest level since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
- 22 May 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the May balance patch.
- 13 Apr. 2018: Deck added.
- Hearthstone Tavern Talk: Class Rewards, New Player Experience, Card Reprints
- Choose Your 2018 Hearthstone Summer Champion
- Tavern Brawl: Shadow Reflection
- Blizzard Dance & Cosplay Contest at Gamescom 2018
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #18
- Tavern Brawl: Rise of the Zombeasts
- Taverns of Time Event Is Live
- Free Pack Day: Jun 13 + Animated Short
- Mage Dungeon Run
- Classic Decks
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Odd Rogue
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Dungeon Run Guides for K&C
- Face (Aggro) Hunter Deck List
- Can you see it?