Spiteful Priest Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Spiteful Priest Card List
- 2. Spiteful Priest Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On Spiteful Priest
- 4. Spiteful Priest Pros and Cons
- 5. Spiteful Priest Quick Mulligan Guide
- 6. About the Author
- 7. ChangeLog
Spiteful Priest is a Dragon Priest variant that cuts out all cheap spells and instead relies purely on Dragon Battlecry effects to control the board. As a result, Spiteful Summoner can be used to take advantage of the exclusive use of high-Cost spells for big tempo plays.
As part of the May balance patch that increased the cost of Spiteful Summoner, this deck has decreased in strength. However, the core functionality of the deck has stayed the same and it still remains viable.
1. Spiteful Priest Card List
This deck costs 8,840 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAa0GBtzBApziAtDnApDvApvwArD7AgwI8gzVwQLKwwKZyALKywLL5gL86gLX6wKO7gLy8QLeggMA (copy to clipboard)
2. Spiteful Priest Mana Curve
3. Comments On Spiteful Priest
This minion-heavy Dragon Priest deck utilises the Spiteful Summoner package found across many classes. By running Free From Amber and Mind Control as the only spells in the deck, Spiteful Summoner is able to summon a powerful 8-Cost or 10-Cost minion for huge tempo plays. As both of the spells used are guaranteed to net a positive effect, Grand Archivist is also used within the deck. The presence of Dragon synergy cards such as Duskbreaker and Twilight Acolyte functions as removal for the deck to make up for the spell deficiency required for the Spiteful Summoner package.
The deck also runs two powerful minions to greatly boost the strength of minions in the deck. Both Prince Keleseth and Lady in White greatly improve all minions in the deck for a huge boost in strength for the remainder of the game.
4. Spiteful Priest Pros and Cons
Spiteful Priest is very powerful and can easily gain enough tempo to outpace almost any opponent. However, success can be very dependent on drawing into key cards such as Spiteful Summoner and Lady in White, making it possible to occasionally lose games due to poor draws.
5. Spiteful Priest Quick Mulligan Guide
As a very board-centric deck, you should mulligan to try and have a solid play every turn. Prince Keleseth is an especially powerful card to get in your opening hand in any matchup.
Against Aggro decks you can additionally keep Duskbreaker in your opening hand to help clear the board if you cannot seize control.
6. About the Author
This guide is presented to you by Kat, a professional Hearthstone player competing at the highest level since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
- 22 May 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the May balance patch.
- 13 Apr. 2018: Deck added.
- Combo Priest Simulator: Train Your APM Skills
- Whizbang the Wonderful Deck Recipe Guides
- Tavern Brawl: A New Year Bash
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #22
- BlizzCon 2018: Third Ticket Sale Added
- The Boomsday Project Is Now Live
- 18 Boomsday Decks For Day 1
- Hearthstone Patch 12.0 Announces Tons of New Rewards
- Spell Damage Mage
- Even Rogue
- Control Warlock
- Whizbang the Wonderful
- Warlock Dungeon Run
- Pull of the Day
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Mecha'thun Priest