Spiteful Priest Deck
Spiteful Priest is a Dragon Priest variant that cuts out all cheap spells and instead relies purely on Dragon Battlecry effects to control the board. As a result, Spiteful Summoner can be used to take advantage of the exclusive use of high-Cost spells for big tempo plays.
As part of the May balance patch that increased the cost of Spiteful Summoner, this deck has decreased in strength. However, the core functionality of the deck has stayed the same and it still remains viable.
Spiteful Priest Card List
This deck costs 8,920 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
Spiteful Priest Mana Curve
Comments On Spiteful Priest
This minion-heavy Dragon Priest deck utilises the Spiteful Summoner package found across many classes. By running Free From Amber and Mind Control as the only spells in the deck, Spiteful Summoner is able to summon a powerful 8-Cost or 10-Cost minion for huge tempo plays. As both of the spells used are guaranteed to net a positive effect, Grand Archivist is also used within the deck. The presence of Dragon synergy cards such as Duskbreaker and Twilight Acolyte functions as removal for the deck to make up for the spell deficiency required for the Spiteful Summoner package.
The deck also runs two powerful minions to greatly boost the strength of minions in the deck. Both Prince Keleseth and Lady in White greatly improve all minions in the deck for a huge boost in strength for the remainder of the game.
Spiteful Priest Pros and Cons
Spiteful Priest is very powerful and can easily gain enough tempo to outpace almost any opponent. However, success can be very dependent on drawing into key cards such as Spiteful Summoner and Lady in White, making it possible to occasionally lose games due to poor draws.
Spiteful Priest Quick Mulligan Guide
As a very board-centric deck, you should mulligan to try and have a solid play every turn. Prince Keleseth is an especially powerful card to get in your opening hand in any matchup.
Against Aggro decks you can additionally keep Duskbreaker in your opening hand to help clear the board if you cannot seize control.
- 22 May 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the May balance patch.
- 13 Apr. 2018: Deck added.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On