Tempo Warrior Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows May 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Tempo Warrior in the Rise of Shadows expansion.
Tempo Warrior is an archetype that surfaces in the meta every few expansions. It forgoes Warrior's Armor mechanics and takes advantage of the array of weapons available instead. With strong weapons at its disposal, Tempo Warrior can easily keep the board under control and can begin building up powerful minions. In order to deal damage as quickly as possible, powerful minions like Frothing Berserker are used to deal huge amounts of damage.
The Rise of Shadows expansion has added many Midrange cards to the archetype, with a focus on shuffling Bombs into opponents' decks. This new approach to the archetype puts pressure on opponents drawing cards, while also rushing down their Health with minions.
1. Tempo Warrior Card List
This Tempo Warrior deck costs 13,200 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Warrior Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Tempo Warrior Mana Curve
3. Tempo Warrior Mulligan Guide
Tempo Warrior is a Midrange deck that is great at initiating trades and leaves powerful minions in its wake. It is important to have a strong mulligan with the deck to be able to gain control of the board in a timely manner.
- General Mulligan—Town Crier, Eternium Rover, Frothing Berserker, Woodcutter's Axe.
- Mulligan Against Aggro—Hench-Clan Hogsteed.
- Mulligan Against Control—Countess Ashmore, Battle Rage.
4. Tempo Warrior Strategy
Tempo Warrior aims to dominate the board with powerful Midrange minions by consistently taking 2-for-1 trades to leave high-Attack minions on the board that can heavily pressure opponents. You should focus on using your Mana as efficiently to curve out and keep the strongest board possible. Rush minions and weapons should be used to clean up opposing minions, leaving your other minions free to attack your opponent directly. Upgrade! should be reserved for use with Wrenchcalibur to maximise the number of Bombs you can put into your opponent's deck along with Clockwork Goblin. The simultaneous pressure of attacking your opponent directly with medium-sized minions and taking damage from any Bombs drawn will cause opponents to quickly crumble.
Against Aggro, you should respect any minions played onto the board, taking additional trades where necessary. You should be especially mindful of threatening minions from your opponent that can snowball out of control, like Frothing Berserker or Questing Adventurer, and make sure you answer these immediately, even if it means losing a minion of your own. Your minion's natural ability to trade efficiently will allow you to run opponents out of resources and win the game with any minions you have remaining on the board.
Against Control, you should take a more value-oriented game plan to prepare yourself for a longer game. Countess Ashmore is almost essential for its ability to refill your hand. Making sure Upgrade! is used on a Wrenchcalibur is also a very high priority to maximise the damage of the weapons, the number of Bombs shuffled, and the strength of Blastmaster Boom later in the game. If things are looking grim early in the game, an early Dr. Boom, Mad Genius can be especially powerful and will provide you with a powerful value engine that can often extend the game all the way to fatigue.
5. Tempo Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro —Add 2x Armorsmith for 1x Seaforium Bomber, 1x Battle Rage.
- Against Control —Add 1x Grommash Hellscream, 1x Seaforium Bomber for 2x Hench-Clan Hogsteed.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been revied for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck added.
- Our Dalaran Heist Guide Is Up
- Three Rogue Cards & Archivist Elysiana Are Getting Nerfed
- Dalaran Heist Hotfixes: May 17
- The First Two Chapters of the Dalaran Heist Are Now Live
- Hearthstone Update 14.2: The Dalaran Heist
- Rafaam Recruiting Part 1: E.V.I.L. Initiates Live Action Video
- US Senator Seeks to Ban Loot Boxes & Pay-to-Win Microtransactions
- New Hearthstone Cinematic for Dalaran Heist Adventure: "Here's the Plan!"
- Mage Secrets Not Working in Dalaran Heist?
- Slysssa's Rank 2 Legend Shudderwock Murloc Shaman deck
- Just for fun and out of interest
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Hunter Guide
- is there any way of telling from the front of the card...
- Dalaran Heist Tavern Encounter Guide