Token Druid Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows June 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Token Druid in the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
Token Druid is a broad archetype that has surfaced in many different metas throughout Hearthstone's history. The general playstyle of the deck often changes each time a new iteration of the deck surfaces, but the win condition of the deck has stayed consistent over time. By finding various ways to secure a wide board, the deck is able to swiftly end games by taking advantage of tools like Power of the Wild and Savage Roar.
1. Token Druid Card List
This Token Druid deck costs 5,960 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Token Druid Mana Curve
3. Token Druid Mulligan Guide
Token Druid is a hyper-aggressive deck and you should look for the fastest possible opening hand to explode onto the board.
- General Mulligan — Acornbearer, Dreamway Guardians, Landscaping, Wispering Woods.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Hench-Clan Hogsteed.
- Mulligan Against Control — Crystalsong Portal.
4. Token Druid Strategy
As a hyper-aggressive deck, you should try to secure the board as quickly as possible with cheap 1-drops. With the board secure, you can quickly compound your lead with board-wide buffs from Power of the Wild and Blessing of the Ancients. Aside from high-priority threats, you can ignore your opponent's board to rush down your opponent. After chipping away at your opponent's Health, you will find yourself in a position where you can use Savage Roar, along with your wide board, to burst down your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should be much more respectful of your opponent's minions, taking any value trades available to protect your board. Savage Roar can serve as an excellent tool for making favourable trades. With control of the board, you should be able to slowly grind down your opponent with any excess minion damage.
Against Control, you will likely have your board cleared multiple times. To account for this, you should make full use of Wispering Woods and The Forest's Aid, in combination with Soul of the Forest, to keep your board healthy. When closing out the game, you should save Savage Roar for the largest board possible to account for any healing your opponent may have.
5. Token Druid Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Argent Squire for 2x Mark of the Loa.
- Against Control — Add 2x EVIL Cable Rat for 2x Hench-Clan Hogsteed.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been updated for the May play season. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Dendrologist, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Argent Squire for 2x Wrath, 2x Swipe, 1x Archmage Vargoth, 2x Mark of the Loa 1x Blessing of the Ancients
- 10 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Wild Growth, 1x Ironwood Golem for 2x Greedy Sprite, 1x Innervate.
- 07 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 23 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed following the December balance patch.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Treant Token Druid variant added.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Oaken Summons, 1x Ironwood Golem.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Guide updated for the October play season. Scavenger variant updated, removed 1x Oaken Summons, 1x Naturalize, 1x Power of the Wild for 1x Savage Roar, 1x Strongshell Scavenger, 1x Saronite Chain Gang
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Innervate, 1x Wrath, 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop, for 2x Giggling Inventor, 1x Power of the Wild.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Project expansion. Removed 1x Power of the Wild for 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop.
- 01 Jul. 2018: Guide has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 31 May 2018: Deck added.
- Big Paladin
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Arena Warlock Tier Lists
- Dalaran Heist Druid Guide
- Budget Cyclone Mage
- Dalaran Heist Warlock Guide
- Dalaran Heist Paladin Guide
- Mage Secrets Not Working in Dalaran Heist?