Mech Paladin Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows June 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Mech Paladin in Rise of Shadows expansion.
Mech Paladin is an archetype that spawned from the Boomsday Project expansion. The deck focuses on playing select few Mechs and then proceeding to buff them with powerful Magnetic buffs so that they become almost unstoppable in strength. This playstyle plays right into the Legendary spell Kangor's Endless Army by resurrecting previously killed Mechs with their Magnetic buffs intact for a powerful finisher.
While Mech Paladin has not received any direct additions in the Rise of Shadow expansion, the meta shifting away from using Sap and Silence effects makes the use of Magnetic effects extremely powerful.
1. Mech Paladin Card List
This Mech Paladin deck costs 6,280 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Mech Paladin Mana Curve
3. Mech Paladin Mulligan Guide
Mech Paladin lacks core removal tools, so it is important to look for a strong curve of minions in your mulligan to secure the board early.
- General Mulligan—Galvanizer, Glow-Tron, Upgradeable Framebot.
- Mulligan Against Aggro—Bronze Gatekeeper.
- Mulligan Against Control—Prismatic Lens.
4. Mech Paladin Strategy
When playing Mech Paladin, you should try to secure the board as quickly as possible using Galvanizer, Glow-Tron, and Upgradeable Framebot. From there you should make full use of Magnetic minions, such as Bronze Gatekeeper and Annoy-o-Module to buff up a single threat. You should take any value trades available to control the board while creating the biggest minion possible. Due to the deck's reliance on Kangor's Endless Army, it is important to never have more than 3 different Mechs on your board by making full use of Magnetic buffs. Using this strategy, you should be able to comfortable out-value most opponents to close out the game. If your board gets cleared, you can use Kangor's Endless Army, drawing it with Prismatic Lens if necessary, to refill your board to resume pressure.
Against Aggro, it is highly unlikely there will be any hard removal available, so stacking all Magnetic effects on a single minion is very powerful. Bronze Gatekeeper and Annoy-o-Module are also very powerful Magnetic minions as the Taunt effects they provide will prevent opponents from ignoring your minions and rushing you down.
Against Control, it is very likely you opponent will have access to hard removal, so you should try to spread your Magnetic buffs across multiple minions to mitigate the effect of their removal. As board clears, like Brawl, are also likely, ensuring your have Mechano-Egg or Mechanical Whelp on the board will act as strong deterrents due to their Deathrattle effects. Despite taking countermeasures, it is likely your initial board will be cleared, so having Kangor's Endless Army for a second wind is almost essential.
5. Mech Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro—Add 1x Crystalsmith Kangor for 1x Mechano-Egg.
- Against Control—Add 1x Tirion Fordring for 1x Skaterbot.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 2x Acidic Swamp Ooze for 2x Crystology.
- 01 May 2019: deck has been reviewed for the May play season
- 19 Apr. 2019: Guide has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 07 Feb. 2019: Guide has been updated following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Guide reviewed for the September play season. Removed 1x Bronze Gatekeeper, 1x Nightmare Amalgam for 2x Giggling Inventor
- 08 Aug. 2018: Mech Warrior added to similar decks.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Big Paladin
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Arena Warlock Tier Lists
- Dalaran Heist Druid Guide
- Budget Cyclone Mage
- Dalaran Heist Warlock Guide
- Dalaran Heist Paladin Guide
- Mage Secrets Not Working in Dalaran Heist?