Quest Druid Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Druid in The Descent of Dragons expansion.
Quest Druid is a deck that intentionally uses Mana inefficiently in order to complete the Untapped Potential Quest as quickly as possible. Once the Quest is complete, the deck quickly shifts gears by using the Ossirian Tear Hero Power to extract extra value and tempo of its card in order to put pressure on opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Dragon Quest Druid is a deck heavily dependent upon competing its Quest as soon as possible. You should Mulligan with this in mind by looking for cards that can be used while completing your Quest and cards that can be used soon after.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Untapped Potential, Innervate, Crystal Merchant, Breath of Dreams.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Wrath.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Nourish.
Dragon Quest Druid relies on competing its Quest as soon as possible and you should do everything in your power to speed up the process. Like most Quest decks, you should play the Untapped Potential Quest on Turn 1, however, you should also make use of The Coin or Innervate on Turn 1 if you have them available to provide you with a free Mana Crystal to progress your Quest. You should continue ending each of your early turns with a free Mana Crystal, using Innervate if necessary, and only using your entire Mana Pool if there is an urgent threat on the board, such as a Murloc Warleader for example.
Once your Quest is complete, you should use your high-value cards like Oasis Surger to pressure the board and spells like Nourish to maintain a healthy hand size. The deck contains enough threats to make strong plays every single turn and will eventually curve into using either Dragonqueen Alexstrasza or Ysera, Unleashed to make a game-winning final push.
Against Aggro, you should use your cards to control the board rather than to pressure your opponent. When completing your Quest against Aggro, you should avoid using removal spells like Swipe and Wrath if they use all of your Mana Crystals, unless absolutely necessary. This is due to the matchup relying heavily on using cards like Oasis Surger, Starfall, and Anubisath Defender to gain control of the board and prevent further damage from being taken.
Against Control, you should be very cautious as to how you use your resources once your Quest is complete. Committing too many cards to the board can result in being punished from board clears like Brawl and Mass Hysteria. Instead, you should aim to have a couple of medium-sized threats chipping away at your opponents Health. To maximise the value of your deck, you should aim to use Flobbidinous Floop to copy either Dragonqueen Alexstrasza or Ysera, Unleashed, depending on the state of the game, to provide an additional high-value threat that your opponent has to deal with.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Pounce, for 1x Innervate.
- Against Control — Add 1x Cenarius, King Phaoris, or Elise the Enlightened for 1x Ferocious Howl.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x King Phaoris, 1x Kun, the Forgotten King, 1x Worthy Expedition, 1x Power of the Wild, 1x Cenarius, 1x Innervate for 1x Dragonqueen Alexstrasza, 1x Ysera, Unleashed, 2x Emerald Explorer, 2x Breath of Dreams.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Doom in the Tomb event. Removed 1x Worthy Expedition for 1x Kun the Forgotten King
- 09 Sep. 2019: Deck added.
- 25 Years of Warcraft Anniversary Video 8K Upscale
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- Ranked Mode Overhaul Matchmaking FAQ
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Face Hunter
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Control Priest
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock
- Why am I losing?
- Dragon Hunter
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend