Secret Paladin Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Secret Paladin in Descent of Dragons expansion.
Secret Paladin is a deck has moved in an out of several meta games throughout Hearthstone's history. It uses Paladin's cheap Secrets as a way to empower Secret synergy cards, like Secretkeeper, to create explosive openers while relying on the Secrets themselves to offers a layer of protection for any minions played.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Secret Paladin Mulligan Guide
The sheer number of Secrets present in Secret Paladin makes in incredibly likely that you will draw into Secrets in your opening hand. Because of this, you should mulligan for everything else you need in the early game and simply assume you will draw Secrets when needed.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Secretkeeper, Sunreaver Spy, Commander Rhyssa.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Mysterious Blade.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Bellringer Sentry.
Secret Paladin Strategy
Secret Paladin is an aggressive deck and as such you should try to curve out as aggressively as possible. Minions like Secretkeeper and Sunreaver Spy should be prioritised, using whatever necessary to empower them. With a solid board in place, Secrets can be continually be played with Bellringer Sentry and Masked Contender to help protect your minions. With Secrets in play, your minions should be safe to attack your opponent directly for a swift victory.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of your weapons, Truesilver Champion and Mysterious Blade, to control the board. You can additionally use your early minions to take any value trades available for a great control of the board. However, you should avoid any trades that will result in a loss of minions and focus the damage on your opponent directly before you inevitably run out of cards.
Against Control, your early-game aggression will often be shut down, so it is important to get the maximum value by pulling Secrets from your deck using Masked Contender, Bellringer Sentry, and Subject 9. Not only will these cards give you extra cards to work with, but they will dramatically improve the value of your draws by thinning your deck. With fewer Secrets clogging up your draws, you should be able to be continually aggressive and repopulate the board several times to rush down your opponent.
Secret Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Noble Sacrifice for 1x Hidden Wisdom.
- Against Control — Add 1 Tirion Fordring for 1x Truesilver Champion.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 2x Avenge, 1x Zephrys the Great, 1x Sir Finley of the Sands, 2x Mysterious Challenger for 1x Subject 9, 2x Dread Corsair, 1x Hidden Wisdom, 2x Desperate Measures.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Added 2x Avenge, 2x Mysterious Challenger, 1x Zephrys the Great, 1x Sir Finley of the Sands for 2x Desperate Measures, 2x Dread Corsair, 1x Hidden Wisdom, 1x Subject 9.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been reveiwed for the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- Diablo 2 4K60 Upscaled Gameplay: 4 Acts Sorceress
- Activision Blizzard CFO Optimistic About Diablo Immortal
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- Diablo 2 Gameplay AI Upscaled to 4K, 60 FPS
- New Very Funny Diablo 2 Carbot Animations Series: Diablols 2