Malygos Druid Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Malygos Druid in Scholomance Academy expansion.
The Malygos Druid archetype has existed in multiple forms throughout the history of Hearthstone. While the tools in the deck may have changed between each version of the deck, the overall strategy has remained the same, which is to use Malygos in combination with cheap spells like Moonfire to create huge burst-damage combos.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Malygos Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
As a Combo deck, Malygos Druid relies heavily on card draw and Mana Acceperation to speed up the game and safely assemble its combo. It is important to look for key cards in your mulligan to enable that.
- General Mulligan — , , .
- Mulligan Against Aggro — No additional cards required.
- Mulligan Against Control — No additional cards required.
If you specifically keepin your mulligan, you can additionally keep any Dragon in your opening hand to pair with it.
Malygos Druid Deck Strategy
The primary aim of Malygos Druid is to safely reach the late game while drawing as many cards as possible. To do this, you should focus on generating as much Mana as possible withand . Once you have access to 7 Mana, you can begin using , and subsequently , as well as to begin drawing large numbers of cards.
When drawing cards, you are specifically looking for Malygos, , and as part of your burst-damage combo. To perform the Combo you require access to 10 Mana crystals and should start by playing Forest Warden Omu followed by using Germination onto it. This will refresh all of your Mana Crystals while providing you with a second copy of Forest Warden Omu with its Spellburst effect intact. From here, you can proceed to play Malygos before using a spell to refresh your Mana once again, providing you with the Mana to use a mix of Swipes and Moonfires with Malygos in play to burst down your opponent.
Against Aggro, your strategy will play out much closer to that of a Guardian Animals Druid whereby your primary aim is to use spells and to simply control the board and win the game as a result. With this in mind, you can make use of your combo spells like Swipe, or even to create yourself an additional Taunt minion, to aid you in doing this.
Against Control, it is very important to maximise the damage of your final combo. With this in mind, Malygos, , Moonfire, and Swipe should not be played until you have assembled a big enough combo to burst down your opponent. To supplement this strategy, you can additionally make use of and to pressure your opponent as you draw your deck. Putting on this pressure is especially important against Control decks that gain Armor due to your final Malygos combo dealing a maximum of 30 damage.
Malygos Druid Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- 10 Sep. 2020: Deck and guide has been updated from Malygos Quest to a Malygos Guardian Animals variant.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 1x Flobbidinous Floop, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Ferocious Howl, 1x Wardruid Loti for 2x Imprisoned Satyr, 2x Steel Beetle, 1x Worthy Expedition.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x Emperor Thaurissan, 1x Kun, the Forgotten King, 2x Pounce, for 1x Zephrys the Great, 1x Innervate, 1x Hidden Oasis, 1x Dreampetal Floriest
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck updated for the Doom in the Tomb event. Removed 1x Dreampetal Florist, 1x Worthy Expedition for 1x Kun the Forgotten King, 1x Emperor Thaurissan.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been adapted to Quest variant for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Added 2x Overflow, 2x Anubisath Defender, 2x Garden Gnome for 2x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Jepetto Joybuzz, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Dreamway Guardians.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the July card rotation.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 10 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Wild Growth, 1x The Lich King, 1x Mind Control Tech for 2x Innervate, 2x Wrath.
- 06 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 23 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed following December balance patch.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 05 Nov. 2018: Decklist updated following October balance patch. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Mind Control Tech, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Starfall, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Biology Project, 2x Wrath for 1x Alexstrasza, 1x Twig of the World Tree, 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Arcane Tyrant
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Expansion. Removed 2x Arcane Tyrant, 2x Faceless Manipulator, 1x Innervate, 1x Twig of the World Tree for 2x Biology Project, 1x Flobiddonous Floop, 1x Floop's Glorious Goop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Jul. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 15 Jun. 2018: Togwaggle variant added.
- 12 Jun. 2018: Added Dragon Druid to similar decks.
- 04 Jun. 2018: Deck added.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews