Malygos Druid Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows April 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Malygos Druid in The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
The Malygos Druid archetype has existed in multiple forms throughout the history of Hearthstone. While the tools in the deck may have changed between each version of the deck, the overall strategy has remained the same, which is to use Malygos in combination with cheap spells like Moonfire to create huge burst-damage combos.
Malygos Druid has continued to live on into the Year of the Dragon, proving its resilience as a staple Druid archetype.
1. Malygos Druid Card List
This Malygos Druid deck costs 9,540 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Malygos Druid Mana Curve
3. Malygos Druid Mulligan Guide
As a Combo deck, Malygos Druid relies heavily on card draw and removal to safely assemble its combo. It is important to look for key cards in your mulligan to enable that.
- General Mulligan — Juicy Psychmelon, Wild Growth.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Crystal Power, Wrath.
- Mulligan Against Control — Nourish.
4. Malygos Druid Strategy
The primary aim of Malygos Druid is to safely reach the late game while drawing as many cards as possible. You should make liberal use of removal tools like Crystal Power and Wrath to minimise damage taken, while using Wild Growth, Juicy Psychmelon, and Nourish to draw cards. In the late game, you should use Jepetto Joybuzz, which can be consistently drawn with Juicy Psychmelon, to draw discounted cards from your deck. This, along with Dreampetal Florist, should put you in a position where you can create multiple copies of Malygos using Faceless Manipulator and Flobbidinous Floop to burst your opponent down, using a combination of Swipe, Moonfire, and Starfire.
Against Aggro, you should use your spells even more liberally. Using Swipe and Moonfire as removal may often be necessary to be able to survive. By controlling the board, you should be able to ensure your opponent runs out of resources and simply finish them off using any minions you are able to play onto the board.
Against Control, it is very important to maximise the damage of your final combo, as you will usually be required to deal at least 30 damage at once. For this reason, you should hold onto Alexstrasza and use it right before your final combo, ideally with a Mana discount. For your final combo, you should make full use of Mana discounts to maximise the number of copies of Malygos you can create, along with the maximum number of damage spells for optimal burst damage.
5. Malygos Druid Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Starfall for 1x Innervate.
- Against Control — Add 1x Starfire for 1x Dreamway Guardians.
- 10 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Wild Growth, 1x The Lich King, 1x Mind Control Tech for 2x Innervate, 2x Wrath.
- 06 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 23 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed following December balance patch.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 05 Nov. 2018: Decklist updated following October balance patch. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Mind Control Tech, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Starfall, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Biology Project, 2x Wrath for 1x Alexstrasza, 1x Twig of the World Tree, 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Arcane Tyrant
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Expansion. Removed 2x Arcane Tyrant, 2x Faceless Manipulator, 1x Innervate, 1x Twig of the World Tree for 2x Biology Project, 1x Flobiddonous Floop, 1x Floop's Glorious Goop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Jul. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 15 Jun. 2018: Togwaggle variant added.
- 12 Jun. 2018: Added Dragon Druid to similar decks.
- 04 Jun. 2018: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- 10 New Decks to Try in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage
- Basic Druid Deck
- Lackey Rogue