Malygos Druid Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows May 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Malygos Druid in The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
The Malygos Druid archetype has existed in multiple forms throughout the history of Hearthstone. While the tools in the deck may have changed between each version of the deck, the overall strategy has remained the same, which is to use Malygos in combination with cheap spells like Moonfire to create huge burst-damage combos.
Malygos Druid has continued to live on into the Year of the Dragon, proving its resilience as a staple Druid archetype.
1. Malygos Druid Card List
This Malygos Druid deck costs 9,540 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Druid Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Malygos Druid Mana Curve
3. Malygos Druid Mulligan Guide
As a Combo deck, Malygos Druid relies heavily on card draw and removal to safely assemble its combo. It is important to look for key cards in your mulligan to enable that.
- General Mulligan — Juicy Psychmelon, Wild Growth.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Crystal Power, Wrath.
- Mulligan Against Control — Nourish.
4. Malygos Druid Strategy
The primary aim of Malygos Druid is to safely reach the late game while drawing as many cards as possible. You should make liberal use of removal tools like Crystal Power and Wrath to minimise damage taken, while using Wild Growth, Juicy Psychmelon, and Nourish to draw cards. In the late game, you should use Jepetto Joybuzz, which can be consistently drawn with Juicy Psychmelon, to draw discounted cards from your deck. This, along with Dreampetal Florist, should put you in a position where you can create multiple copies of Malygos using Faceless Manipulator and Flobbidinous Floop to burst your opponent down, using a combination of Swipe, Moonfire, and Starfire.
Against Aggro, you should use your spells even more liberally. Using Swipe and Moonfire as removal may often be necessary to be able to survive. By controlling the board, you should be able to ensure your opponent runs out of resources and simply finish them off using any minions you are able to play onto the board.
Against Control, it is very important to maximise the damage of your final combo, as you will usually be required to deal at least 30 damage at once. For this reason, you should hold onto Alexstrasza and use it right before your final combo, ideally with a Mana discount. For your final combo, you should make full use of Mana discounts to maximise the number of copies of Malygos you can create, along with the maximum number of damage spells for optimal burst damage.
5. Malygos Druid Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Starfall for 1x Innervate.
- Against Control — Add 1x Starfire for 1x Dreamway Guardians.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 10 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Wild Growth, 1x The Lich King, 1x Mind Control Tech for 2x Innervate, 2x Wrath.
- 06 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 23 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed following December balance patch.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 05 Nov. 2018: Decklist updated following October balance patch. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Mind Control Tech, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Starfall, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Biology Project, 2x Wrath for 1x Alexstrasza, 1x Twig of the World Tree, 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Arcane Tyrant
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Expansion. Removed 2x Arcane Tyrant, 2x Faceless Manipulator, 1x Innervate, 1x Twig of the World Tree for 2x Biology Project, 1x Flobiddonous Floop, 1x Floop's Glorious Goop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Jul. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 15 Jun. 2018: Togwaggle variant added.
- 12 Jun. 2018: Added Dragon Druid to similar decks.
- 04 Jun. 2018: Deck added.
- Dalaran Heist Hotfixes: May 17
- The First Two Chapters of the Dalaran Heist Are Now Live
- Hearthstone Update 14.2: The Dalaran Heist
- Rafaam Recruiting Part 1: E.V.I.L. Initiates Live Action Video
- US Senator Seeks to Ban Loot Boxes & Pay-to-Win Microtransactions
- New Hearthstone Cinematic for Dalaran Heist Adventure: "Here's the Plan!"
- Officially Licensed Fine Art Prints for WoW, Diablo and StarCraft
- The Dalaran Heist: New Solo Adventure Coming May 16th
- Just for fun and out of interest
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Hunter Guide
- is there any way of telling from the front of the card...
- Dalaran Heist Tavern Encounter Guide
- The Dalaran Heist
- Dalaran Heist Shaman