Pogo Rogue Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows July 2019)
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Pogo Rogue play for The Rise of Shadows meta.
Pogo Rogue is a breed of Rogue deck from The Boomsday Project Expansion. It focuses on repeatedly playing copies of the Pogo-Hopper card which gains strength for every copy of the card played earlier in the game. It is reminiscent of Jade Golem mechanic from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion and can become almost unstoppable if the game lasts for long enough.
1. Pogo Rogue Card List
This Pogo Rogue deck costs 9,820 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Rogue Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Pogo Rogue Mana Curve
3. Pogo Rogue Mulligan Guide
As Pogo Rogue revolves around playing one specific card, Pogo-Hopper, the mulligan strategy for the deck revolves around playing and utilising Pogo Hopper as soon as possible.
In your opening hand, you should hard mulligan for a copy of Pogo-Hopper in your opening hand. If you already have a copy available, you can additionally look for cards to combo with it like Shadowstep and Lab Recruiter.
4. Pogo Rogue Strategy
In the early game, your primary aim should be to begin your Pogo-Hopper combo as soon as possible. This will usually involve playing a Pogo Hopper immediately followed by Shadowstep. As there are only two initial copies of Pogo Hopper in the deck, under no circumstances should you play it in the early game without a way to duplicate it.
Going into the mid game, if you are unfortunate enough to have not drawn into one of your Pogo-Hoppers early, you can begin drawing through your deck to search for a copy using the primary draw tools in the deck, Fan of Knives, Novice Engineer, and Witchwood Piper.
Throughout the early and mid game, if you find yourself in a situation with multiple Pogo-Hoppers on board, you can utilise a copy of Daring Escape to return them to your hand, before immediately replaying them to significantly boost their stats and accelerate your gameplan.
Once you have your Pogo Hopper online in the mid game, your focus should be on buffing it up for the future. You should prioritise using as many Lab Recruiters on Pogo Hoppers as possible and even using Shadowstep on your Lab Recruiters to get multiple Battlecry activations in a turn. Filling your deck with Pogo Hoppers like this will put you in a strong position going into the late game.
If your Health begins to drop, Zilliax is a deceptively powerful healing tool for the deck. In the mid game, it can be fine to drop it by itself before shuffling it with Lab Recruiter or Togwaggle's Scheme. However, in the late game, it is excellent to Magnetise onto a huge Pogo-Hopper for a huge burst in healing.
In the late game, your whole strategy will revolve around continually playing Pogo-Hoppers until you opponent can no longer respond to them. Due to the sheer amount of damage they can inflict, it is usually fine to trade with them to ensure you do not get burst down, as you can often burst your opponent down in a single turn with multiple Pogo-Hoppers on the board.
5. Pogo Rogue Card Swaps
- 02 Jul. 2019: Deck has been updated for the July card rotation. Removed 2x Vanish for 2x Daring Escape.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch and added back to the meta category. Removed 2x Blink Fox, 2x Vendetta, 2x Sprint, 1x SI:7 Agent, 1x Togwaggle's Scheme for 2x Witchwood Piper, 2x Novice Engineer, 2x EVIL Miscreant, 1x Lab Recruiter, 1x Barista Lynchen.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion. Removed 1x Cheat Death, 1x Evasion, 1x Sonya Shadowdaner, 2x Elven Minstrel, 2x Vilespine Slayer, 1x Valeera, the Hollow, 2x Witchwood Piper, 1x Augmented Elekk, 1x Lab Recruiter for 2x Togwaggle's Scheme, 1x Tak Nozwhisker,1x Edwin VanCleef, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos, 2x Spirit of the Shark, 2x Blink Fox, 2x Vendetta, 1x Zilliax.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck reviewed for the September play season.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Disney Investor Thinks Company Should Buy Activision
- Saviors of Uldum: Rogue Legendary and Two Other Cards
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Bloodsworn Mercenary
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Hunter's Pack
- Saviors of Uldum: Three New Cards Revealed
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Bazaar Mugger
- Blizzard Co-founder Frank Pearce Retires After 28 Years
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Wild Bloodstinger and Scarlet Webweaver
- Athanas's Bucharest-qualifying Midrange Hunter
- PapaJason's Rank 5 Legend Mech Paladin
- Sparta's Legend Vex Crow Miracle Mage
- Tweeg's Top 50 Legend Mech Self-damage Zoo
- Johnny Bambou's Bucharest-qualifying Shark Rogue
- Hearthstone Mage Spells and Minions
- Dalaran Heist Rogue Guide
- Dalaran Heist Tavern Encounter Guide