Pogo Rogue Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows April 2019)
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Pogo Rogue play for The Rise of Shadows meta.
Pogo Rogue is a breed of Rogue deck from The Boomsday Project Expansion. It focuses on repeatedly playing copies of the Pogo-Hopper card which gains strength for every copy of the card played earlier in the game. It is reminiscent of Jade Golem mechanic from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion and can become almost unstoppable if the game lasts for long enough.
1. Pogo Rogue Card List
This Pogo Rogue deck costs 8,300 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Rogue Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Pogo Rogue Mana Curve
3. Pogo Rogue Mulligan Guide
As Pogo Rogue revolves around playing one specific card, Pogo-Hopper, the mulligan strategy for the deck revolves around playing and utilising Pogo Hopper as soon as possible.
In your opening hand, you should hard mulligan for a copy of Pogo-Hopper in your opening hand. If you already have a copy available, you can additionally look for cards to combo with it like Shadowstep and Togwaggle's Scheme.
4. Pogo Rogue Strategy
In the early game, your primary aim should be to begin your Pogo-Hopper combo as soon as possible. This will usually involve playing a Pogo Hopper immediately followed by Shadowstep. As there are only two initial copies of Pogo Hopper in the deck, under no circumstances should you play it in the early game without a way to duplicate it.
Going into the mid game, if you are unfortunate enough to have not drawn into one of your Pogo-Hoppers early, you can begin drawing through your deck to search for a copy using the primary draw tools in the deck, Fan of Knives and Sprint.
Once you have your Pogo Hopper online in the mid game, your focus should be on buffing it up for the future. You should prioritise using as many Lab Recruiters on Pogo Hoppers as possible and even using Shadowstep on your Lab Recruiters to get multiple Battlecry activations in a turn. Filling your deck with Pogo Hoppers like this will put you in a strong position going into the late game.
If you start to get overwhelmed by your opponent in the mid game, you should not hesitate to use Vanish. Even if you have your own minions in play, their powerful Battlecries remove nearly all of the drawback of bouncing them back to your hand, especially Pogo-Hoppers.
If your Health begins to drop, Zilliax is a deceptively powerful healing tool for the deck. In the mid game, it can be fine to drop it by itself before shuffling it with Lab Recruiter or Togwaggle's Scheme. However, in the late game, it is excellent to Magnetise onto a huge Pogo-Hopper for a huge burst in healing.
In the late game, your whole strategy will revolve around continually playing Pogo-Hoppers until you opponent can no longer respond to them. Due to the sheer amount of damage they can inflict, it is usually fine to trade with them to ensure you do not get burst down, as you can often burst your opponent down in a single turn with multiple Pogo-Hoppers on the board.
5. Pogo Rogue Card Swaps
- 08 Apr. 2018: Deck has been updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion. Removed 1x Cheat Death, 1x Evasion, 1x Sonya Shadowdaner, 2x Elven Minstrel, 2x Vilespine Slayer, 1x Valeera, the Hollow, 2x Witchwood Piper, 1x Augmented Elekk, 1x Lab Recruiter for 2x Togwaggle's Scheme, 1x Tak Nozwhisker,1x Edwin VanCleef, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos, 2x Spirit of the Shark, 2x Blink Fox, 2x Vendetta, 1x Zilliax.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck reviewed for the September play season.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- 10 New Decks to Try in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage
- Basic Druid Deck
- Lackey Rogue