Xixo Crystal Core Stoneshaper Rogue Quest Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Card List
- 2. Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On The Variation
- 4. Pros and Cons
- 5. About the Author
- 6. ChangeLog
This deck is a variant of our main Crystal Core Rogue deck and was created by Pro player Xixo. He realised that Tol'vir Stoneshaper had six activators in the deck, in the form of Fire Fly, Glacial Shard, and Igneous Elemental. As the deck is usually weak to aggressive decks, he added two Stoneshapers to the deck as a way to slow down, and in some cases halt completely, the damage from such decks.
On July 11, 2017, The Caverns Below has been nerfed and now requires 5 (4 previously) minions of the same name to be played before you receive Crystal Core. The archetype can still be played, but is not as strong as it used to be.
1. Card List
This deck costs 5,160 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Rogue Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAaIHApG8AobCAg7EAZwC7QKfA4gF1AWGCYqtAvi9ApfBAvzBApnCAuvCAsbHAgA= (copy to clipboard)
2. Mana Curve
3. Comments On The Variation
Over time, various players had also started to comment that Swashburglar was not always as good as expected, as the cards gained were often not used, and it had the big downside of pulling Patches the Pirate out of the deck too early. Although it seems as if getting Patches would be an upside, it can often be even better if it remains in the deck until the Quest is completed, and then fetched using Southsea Deckhand, causing 10 attack worth of stats to be played for 1 Mana. With this in mind, the two Swashburglar are removed from this variant.
4. Pros and Cons
This version covers up some of the holes that Aggro decks expose against Crystal Rogue. If you are facing a lot of aggressive decks, then this version is definitely worth a try. On the other hand, the relatively high Mana cost of Tol'vir Stoneshaper renders the card practically useless in terms of completing the Quest, which means that in a straight race to completion, the deck is a little slower than the original.
5. About the Author
L0rinda has extensive experience with Hearthstone. After starting out with Arena and becoming one of the most prominent streamers in that format, he moved over to Constructed and now primarily spends his time as a caster for Blizzard, Starladder, and Dreamhack.
6. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 11 Jul. 2017: Nerf to The Caverns Below, the archetype is not as competitive as it used to.
- 29 May 2017: Variant added.
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please