Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Deck List Guide (Rastakhan's Rumble March 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Topsy Turvy Priest in The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
Topsy Turvy is a very powerful combo deck that follows in the footsteps of Divine Spirit and Inner Fire Combo Priest. The deck aims to assemble a very specific combination of cards that includes Radiant Elemental, Topsy Turvy, Divine Spirit, Vivid Nightmare, and Test Subject. The selection of cards when played together can keep duplicating Test Subjects, to create a near-infinite supply of Divine Spirits that can then be used on a single charge minion as required.
Topsy Turvy OTK Priest has seen a huge surge in popularity in the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. The added board clear effect of Mass Hysteria gives the deck the added survivability to consistently draw into its combo and become one of the most dominant decks in the game.
Despite Topsy Turvy Priest almost falling out of the meta completely, the February patch has hurt many other rival decks, opening up the possibility of Topsy Turvy Priest becoming a meta deck once again.
1. Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Card List
This Topsy Turvy OTK Priest deck costs 6,800 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Mana Curve
3. Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Mulligan Guide
Topsy Turvy Priest is a very proactive combo deck that heavily focuses on its own game play. As a result, you should be looking for card draw tools to begin assembling a combo as soon as possible.
If you already have one Deathrattle in hand, you can also keep a copy of Twilight's Call.
4. Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Strategy
In the early game, you should play your Awaken the Makers Quest and then begin to maximise your card draw through cards like Loot Hoarder, Bloodmage Thalnos, and Dead Ringer. You should make sure to trade off any of your Deathrattle minions where possible to make sure they die. With at least 2 Deathrattle minions dead, you can then proceed to play Twilight's Call to continue drawing cards.
In addition to the deck's Deathrattle engine, there are a few alternative ways to draw and duplicate cards. As Power Word: Shield is not used in the final combo, it can be used freely as a card draw too. However, you should remember that shielding your Deathrattle minions will make it harder for them to die. The second copy of Test Subject also serves as a very useful drawing tool. As casting spells on Test Subject will ensure they end up back in your hand, it is a great target for your shield, allowing you to draw multiple times from the same card. You can also choose to use Vivid Nightmare to create 2 Test Subjects and duplicate your Vivid Nightmare. This is incredibly useful if you are missing it for your final combo.
While aggressively drawing cards, you will simultaneously complete your Quest, which will provide you with a great deal of breathing room in the game. You should hold off playing Amara, Warden of Hope until absolutely necessary. Holding onto it will deter your opponents from rushing you down while also maximising the amount of healing it provide when you finally do use it.
Although the deck is very proactive, you may get pressured by aggressive opponents and need to deviate from your strategy slightly. In the early game, this will involve using Spirit Lash, ideally with Bloodmage Thalnos in play. Later in the game, you will have the option of using both Mass Hysteria and Psychic Scream as board clears.
When it comes to using Shadow Visions, you should hold off using it wherever possible. While it may seem beneficial to proactively use it and save Mana in the future, it is much better to save it until you are near completion of the combo to help draw into final combo pieces like Topsy Turvy or Divine Spirit.
The combo required to win the game is one of the most difficult in Hearthstone's existence and requires fast playing and thinking in order to successfully pull it off. The key cards you need to pull off your final combo are Stonetusk Boar, Test Subject, Topsy Turvy, Divine Spirit, Radiant Elemental, Vivid Nightmare, and a second copy of Radiant Elemental or Vivid Nightmare in addition to having at least 9 Mana available. To pull off your combo, you should follow the following sequence as quickly as possible:
- Play Stonetusk Boar, Radiant Elemental, Test Subject, and your second Radiant Elemental or second Vivid Nightmare on your Radiant Elemental
- Play Divine Spirit and then Vivid Nightmare onto Test Subject.
- Play Topsy Turvy onto a Test Subject to get Divine Spirit, Vivid Nightmare, and Topsy Turvy back into your hand.
- Play another Divine Spirit and then Vivid Nightmare onto the existing Test Subject.
- Play Topsy Turvy onto a Test Subject again to again 2 copies of Divine Spirit, 2 copies of Vivid Nightmare and 1 copy of Topsy Turvy.
- Play duplicate copy of Vivid Nightmare onto a Radiant Elemental.
- Play 1 Divine Spirit onto your Test Subject, followed by Vivid Nightmare and retaining a copy of Divine Spirit in hand.
- Play Topsy Turvy onto a Test Subject to gain 3 copies of Divine Spirit, 3 copies of Vivid Nightmare and 1 copy of Topsy Turvy.
- If you have less than 3 spaces in your hand, play Vivid Nightmares onto your Stonetusk Boar and trade them into your opponent's minions until you have space.
- Play 4 copies of Divine Spirit onto your Stonetusk Boar to buff it to 16 Health.
- Play Topsy Turvy on your remaining Test Subject to gain 3 more Divine Spirits, 3 more Vivid Nightmares and 1 more Topsy Turvy.
- Play 3 more copies of Divine Spirit onto your Stonetusk Boar to boost it up to 128 Health.
- Play Topsy Turvy onto your Stonetusk Boar to turn it into a 128/1.
- Play Vivid Nightmares onto your Stonetusk Boar to duplicate it as required.
- Use your Stonetusk Boars to remove any Taunt minions your opponent may have before attacking them directly for 128 damage.
5. Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Card Swaps
The core of the deck is fairly rigid, but contains a few flexible minions like Witchwood Piper, Mirage Caller, and a second Test Subject. You can choose to swap these for additional drawing tools like Acolyte of Pain or defensive minions like Wild Pyromancer.
6. Budget Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Deck
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
The lack of the Quest in the deck has a moderate impact on the survivability of the deck and does have some impact on the win rate, but is still very reasonable. To overcome the lack of burst healing from the Quest, Wild Pyromancers have been added to provide additional AoE damage to control the board and minimise damage taken.
7. Wild Topsy Turvy OTK Priest Deck
As Topsy Turvy Priest is such a niche deck, there is currently no Wild variant available. However, keep an eye on this space as this may change in the future.
8. Quick Tips and Tricks
- Be careful not to Vivid Nightmare your Test Subject too many times as you will clog your hand and not receive your Topsy Turvy back.
- Ensure you create enough Radiant Elementals when pulling off your combo to make sure your spells all cost 0.
- Duplicate Stonetusk Boar as many times as necessary to push past Taunt minions and burst down your opponent.
9. Similar Hearthstone Decks
If you enjoyed playing Topsy Turvy Priest, we have many other Hearthstone deck guides you may enjoy.
Similar Combo decks:
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the March play season.
- 07 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Removed 1x Circle of Healing, 1x Divine Spirit, 2x Northshire Cleric, 2x Divine Hymn, 2x Wild Pyromancer, 2x Acolyte of Pain for 1x Test Subject, 1x Awaken the Makers, 2x Twilight's Call, 2x Mass Hysteria, 2x Psychic Scream, 1x Witchwood Piper
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck reviewed for the September play season.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Rise of Shadows Q&A on April 22
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- Which should I chose and what to replace.
- chef nomi preist
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Big Warrior
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs