Wall Priest Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows May 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Wall Priest in the Rise of Shadows expansion.
Wall Priest is a hybrid archetype that surfaced late in the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Its playstyle is a hybrid of other Priest archetypes like Combo Priest and Clone Priest. The deck uses Resurrect effects like Catrina Muerte and Mass Resurrection to continually keep huge Taunt minions on the board to create a "Wall". The deck then takes advantage of the large minions on the board and uses powerful Divine Spirit and Inner Fire to burst down opponents.
Wall Priest took a significant hit in the Year of the Dragon, losing powerful cards like Lesser Diamond Spellstone and Shadow Visions. However, the Rise of Shadows expansion returned some functionality to the deck with Mass Resurrection to make the deck still playable for Wall Priest enthusiasts.
1. Wall Priest Card List
This Wall Priest deck costs 6,220 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Wall Priest Mana Curve
3. Wall Priest Mulligan Guide
Wall Priest is a defensive deck that aims to lock opponents out of the game. However, it is very lacking in card draw so it is important to mulligan for good early and mid-game cards to ensure you do not get rushed down.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Northshire Cleric, Hench-Clan Shadequill.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Shadow Word: Pain, Mass Hysteria.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Archmage Vargoth.
4. Wall Priest Strategy
Wall Priest is a form of Combo Priest that aims to create huge walls of Taunt minions that opponents are unable to get past. You should play any large Taunt minions available to slow down opponents before resurrecting them in the late game using Catrina Muerte and Mass Resurrection. Additionally, having Archmage Vargoth die earlier in the game can also be extremely powerful and allow you to double-cast Mass Resurrection if Vargoth is resurrected. To close out the game, the deck can use Divine Spirit in combination with Inner Fire or Topsy Turvy on any of the high-Health minions in the deck to burst down opponents.
Against Aggro, your aim is to build the biggest wall of minions possible. As Wall Priest does not have great ways to regain Health, it is important to use your Taunt minions to minimise the damage you take. You can freely use Divine Spirit on one of your large Taunt minions to exploit the fact that Aggro decks regularly lack hard removal. Eventually you should be able to run your opponent out of resources as they continually must trade in multiple minions to deal with each of your large threats.
Against Control, you must rely heavily on your Divine Spirit and Inner Fire combo to win the game. You should draw as aggressively as possible using Northshire Cleric to assemble combo pieces quickly. Once done, you should make full use of Resurrect effects to get one of your high-Health minions to stick to the board. For your final combo, you should also try to save Mass Dispel to ensure your are able to get past any Taunt minions. In rare circumstances, you can also use Shadow Madness to perform your final combo on an enemy minion to close out the game.
5. Wall Priest Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Shadow Word: Pain for 1x Mosh'Ogg Enforcer.
- Against Control — Add 1x Archivist Elysiana for 1x Shadow Word: Pain.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 05 Mar. 2019: Deck added.
- Dalaran Heist Hotfixes: May 17
- The First Two Chapters of the Dalaran Heist Are Now Live
- Hearthstone Update 14.2: The Dalaran Heist
- Rafaam Recruiting Part 1: E.V.I.L. Initiates Live Action Video
- US Senator Seeks to Ban Loot Boxes & Pay-to-Win Microtransactions
- New Hearthstone Cinematic for Dalaran Heist Adventure: "Here's the Plan!"
- Officially Licensed Fine Art Prints for WoW, Diablo and StarCraft
- The Dalaran Heist: New Solo Adventure Coming May 16th
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- is there any way of telling from the front of the card...
- Just for fun and out of interest
- Dalaran Heist Hunter Guide
- The Dalaran Heist
- Dalaran Heist Shaman
- How do I Purchase Dalaran Heist Chapter 2?
- Threat-Control/HEAL - Holy Wrath OTK with Explanation!