Aggro/Tempo Rogue Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Aggro Rogue play for The Saviors of Uldum meta.
Aggro Rogue is a relentlessly aggressive deck that has existed since the early days of Hearthstone. By using cheap Rogue spells like Sap and Eviscerate to control the board, minions are free to push damage directly to aggressively pressure opponents.
The May balance patch has had a significant impact on the strength of many cards in the deck. As a result, it is not the dominant competitive deck it once was.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Deck Lists
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Mulligan Guide
Aggro Rogue is very aggressive deck capable of strong openers. With so many early-game cards available, you should look for very specific cards in your opening hand.
In most matchups, you can also keep Backstab in your opening hand. The exception is against greedy Control decks where you are unlikely to see any minions in the early game.
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Strategy
On Turn 1 you should look to play Pharaoh Cat, or Southsea Deckhand if you need to gain early control of the board against another Aggro deck. As a follow up, you will often want to use Dagger Mastery to help clear the board for your Turn 3 minion, which should ideally be a Hench-Clan Thug.
Another very strong opening play you can choose to go for is to invest into a powerful Edwin VanCleef. By using The Coin and cheap spells like Backstab and Shadowstep, it is possible to get a VanCleef anywhere from a 6/6 all the way to a 14/14 on Turn 2. This is best attempted against other Aggro decks that have no form of hard removal or Silence effects. Attempting a play like this will usually result in a loss against opponents that can remove the threat, but it will otherwise win the game on the spot.
Going into Turn 3, you should almost always want to play Hench-Clan Thug following the use of Dagger Mastery on Turn 2. You should make full use of spells like Backstab and Eviscerate in addition to your weapon to control the board, protecting your minions and allowing them to consistently push damage each turn. Unless your opponent plays an urgent threat on the board, such as a Questing Adventurer or Scavenging Hyena, you should avoid trading away your minions and focus on damaging your opponent instead.
Once you have established a board presence in the early mid-game, you should begin directing all of your damage toward your opponent. Hooked Scimitar and Waggle Pick alone are able to deal 8 damage to your opponent and will help you begin to close out the game quickly. While following this game plan, should you feel the need to remove an immediate threat on the board, such as Frothing Berserker, you should always prioritise using your weapon as removal over one of your minions unless your Health is at risk.
The minion damage from the deck in the early and mid game will often cause significant damage to your opponent. This can be paired with numerous burst damage sources, such as Leeroy Jenkins, Southsea Deckhand, Deadly Poison, and Eviscerate to close out games swiftly around Turn 6 or 7.
When you are not quite able to get the damage necessary to close out games, the deck runs Myra's Unstable Element to fall back on. With this card in hand, you should adapt your play slightly, playing out as many cards as possible each turn while also maximising damage. When your hand is almost empty, Myra's Unstable Element will be able to draw multiple sources of burst damage that the deck runs to close out the game. The sheer tempo generated by the card will make any fatigue damage taken from burning through your deck completely irrelevant.
Zephrys the Great is also included in the deck and deserves a mention of its own. While the deck is not initially constructed without duplicates, the use of Myra's Unstable Element will regularly leave you in a position with no cards remaining in your deck and therefore no duplicate cards either. This will allow you to use Zephrys as an additional win condition to generate game-winning cards like Fireball, Savage Roar, and Bloodlust in those long games.
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Card Swaps
Quick Tips and Tricks
- As such an aggressive deck, every Mana counts! Consider using spare Mana on spells like Eviscerate if you expect to have lethal in the next few turns.
- Use your spells and weapon to control the board to maximise the damage your minions deal to your opponent.
- Using Myra's Unstable Element as soon as possible will yield the maximum tempo.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Waggle Pick, 2x Raiding Party, 2x Preparation for 2x Pharaoh Cat, 2x Hooked Scimitar, 1x Zephrys the Great.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze for 1x Shadowstep.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 23 May 2019: Added a note regarding May balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been updated for the May play season.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Removed 2x Cold Blood, 2x Argent Squire, 2x Necrium Blade for 2x Waggle Pick, 2x EVIL Miscreant, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze, 1x Shadowstep.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion. Removed 2x Shadowblade, 2x Fal'dorei Strider, 2x Fire Fly for 2x Argent Squire, 2x Cold Blood, 2x Necrium Blade.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Cold Blood for 2x Deadly Poison.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the February balance patch.
- 31 Dec. 2018: Deck added.
- Small Client Update 15.2.2
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Hearthstone 1.15 Update: Tombs of Terror
- BlizzCon 2019 Key Art Unveiled
- Tavern Brawl - The League of Explorers: Revived!
- Tombs of Terror Coming September 17 - Everything You Need to Know
- Activision Blizzard Stock Jumps after Classic Launch
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson
- 1500 Damage vs. Plague Lord C'Thun FTW - Tombs of Terror Chapter 2
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Hub
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- Quest Rogue Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Jalexander's Top 100 Legend
- Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Alutemu's Rank 1 Legend