Aggro/Tempo Rogue Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum August 2019
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Aggro Rogue play for The Saviors of Uldum meta.
Aggro Rogue is a relentlessly aggressive deck that has existed since the early days of Hearthstone. By using cheap Rogue spells like Sap and Eviscerate to control the board, minions are free to push damage directly to aggressively pressure opponents.
The May balance patch has had a significant impact on the strength of many cards in the deck. As a result, it is not the dominant competitive deck it once was.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Deck Lists
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Mulligan Guide
Aggro Rogue is very aggressive deck capable of strong openers. With so many early-game cards available, you should look for very specific cards in your opening hand.
In most matchups, you can also keep Backstab in your opening hand. The exception is against greedy Control decks where you are unlikely to see any minions in the early game.
If you specifically have Raiding Party and Preparation in your opening hand, you can additionally keep this card combo in all matchups. Playing them together on Turn 2 will allow you to get a Waggle Pick in addition to 2 Pirates for a strong opener.
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Strategy
On Turn 1, you can choose to play Southsea Deckhand if you need to gain early control of the board, but this should be avoided if possible, especially against classes that can easily deal 1 damage, such as Mage. As a follow up, you will often want to use Dagger Mastery to help clear the board for your Turn 3 minion, which should ideally be a Hench-Clan Thug.
Another very strong opening play you can choose to go for is to invest into a powerful Edwin VanCleef. By using The Coin and cheap spells like Backstab and Preparation, it is possible to get a VanCleef anywhere from a 6/6 all the way to a 14/14 on Turn 2. This is best attempted against other Aggro decks that have no form of hard removal or Silence effects. Attempting a play like this will usually result in a loss against opponents that can remove the threat, but it will otherwise win the game on the spot.
In parallel to your opening curve, if you ever have Preparation and Raiding Party in your hand, you are always free to use this combo of cards. It is beneficial to use this combo as soon as possible to prevent you from naturally drawing into your Pirates and weapons. The exception to this if you are planning on making a play with Edwin VanCleef, where the Preparation and Raiding Party combo can be used to boost your VanCleef further.
Going into Turn 3, you should almost always want to play Hench-Clan Thug following the use of Dagger Mastery on Turn 2. You should make full use of spells like Backstab and Eviscerate in addition to your weapon to control the board, protecting your minions and allowing them to consistently push damage each turn. Unless your opponent plays an urgent threat on the board, such as a Questing Adventurer or Scavenging Hyena, you should avoid trading away your minions and focus on damaging your opponent instead.
The inclusion of Raiding Party in the deck allows for many strong Pirate synergies to further the tempo of the deck. You should try to make full use of Waggle Pick with Dread Corsairs in hand to take full advantage of the tempo offered by the minions. This combo also curves smoothly into Captain Greenskin to extend the damage of your weapon.
The minion damage from the deck in the early and mid game will often cause significant damage to your opponent. This can be paired with numerous burst damage sources, such as Leeroy Jenkins, Southsea Deckhand, Deadly Poison, and Eviscerate to close out games swiftly around Turn 6 or 7.
When you are not quite able to get the damage necessary to close out games, the deck runs Myra's Unstable Element to fall back on. With this card in hand, you should adapt your play slightly, playing out as many cards as possible each turn while also maximising damage. When your hand is almost empty, Myra's Unstable Element will be able to draw multiple sources of burst damage that the deck runs to close out the game. The sheer tempo generated by the card will make any fatigue damage taken from burning through your deck completely irrelevant.
Aggro/Tempo Rogue Card Swaps
Quick Tips and Tricks
- As such an aggressive deck, every Mana counts! Consider using spare Mana on spells like Eviscerate if you expect to have lethal in the next few turns.
- Use your spells and weapon to control the board to maximise the damage your minions deal to your opponent.
- Using Myra's Unstable Element as soon as possible will yield the maximum tempo.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze for 1x Shadowstep.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 23 May 2019: Added a note regarding May balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been updated for the May play season.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Removed 2x Cold Blood, 2x Argent Squire, 2x Necrium Blade for 2x Waggle Pick, 2x EVIL Miscreant, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze, 1x Shadowstep.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion. Removed 2x Shadowblade, 2x Fal'dorei Strider, 2x Fire Fly for 2x Argent Squire, 2x Cold Blood, 2x Necrium Blade.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Cold Blood for 2x Deadly Poison.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the February balance patch.
- 31 Dec. 2018: Deck added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Taunt Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Dono's Top 50 Legend
- Token Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Integer's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Robot Wizard's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Meati's Top 10 Legend
- Combo Priest Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Rolle's Top 20 Legend
- Tempo Rogue Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Tortosh's Top 50 Legend
- Reno Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Apxvoid's Rank 1 Legend
- Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Shuzo's Top 50 Legend