Cheap Tempo Rogue Wild Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Card List
- 2. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Mana Curve
- 3. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Strategy
- 4. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Synergies & Combinations
- 5. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Mulligans & Matchup Specific Strategies.
- 6. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Card Swaps
- 7. About the Author
- 8. ChangeLog
This Rogue deck:
- has been designed for players who have levelled most classes to Level 10, cleared the AI, and are looking to start climbing in Ranked mode;
- costs 1,000 Arcane Dust or less;
- is built entirely of Basic, Common and Rare cards.
While this deck will not immediately make you competitive at the highest levels of Ranked mode, it is strong, and replicates many key strategies of high level Rogue decks while using cheaper cards. If played well, it can certainly hold its own against decks of higher cost.
In addition to listing the deck, we will also discuss the cards that are included and how they are best used, as well as explaining the reasoning behind cards that are not included. Finally we will explain how you can improve the deck through various resources you may have available.
Note that to succeed with this deck (as with all decks), you need to make the correct decisions while playing. For this reason, we advise you to also read these two articles: Card Advantage and Why Am I Losing?.
1. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Card List
This deck costs 1,000 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Rogue Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAEBAaIHBqUDvQSgBdQF9QWQvAIMtAHJAYwCywPNA5sFuQaIB90IxA+QEJsVAA== (copy to clipboard)
2. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Mana Curve
3. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Strategy
This Rogue deck is based on the classic Aggro Rogue archetype. It aims to use the Rogue Hero Power and strong tempo cards like Backstab, SI:7 Agent, and Eviscerate to maintain an advantage over the opponent.
Going into the early-game you want to take advantage of the powerful tools Rogue has to offer. A turn 1 Buccaneer will often go unanswered, allowing you to follow-up with 2/2 dagger from your Hero Power to deal with any early minions your opponent may play. With The Coin even more explosive starts are possible, allowing you to play Defias Ringleader on turn 1 or use SI:7 Agent on turn 2 to kill a minion and develop a 3/3.
Backstab a key card for generating tempo and should be used carefully, as it costs 0 Mana it is highly flexible you should therefore explore other alternatives beforehand. Saving it for a later turn allows you to have bigger tempo swings when combined with Azure Drake or to have access to a powerful Combo activator for cards such as SI:7 Agent and Defias Ringleader.
Cold Blood is a highly aggressive card that really allows you to take advantage of your early board position. Although it may be tempting to hold onto the damage to burst down your opponent, it is often best just to play it whenever you have the Mana available. If you have taken control of the early-game board, consider using Cold Blood on a minion if you are attacking your opponent directly and have no other use for the Mana. Doing so not only achieves the 4 damage that the card would achieve anyway, but creates a threat that your opponent must answer immediately, frequently causing an overreaction. This often creates a win-win situation, drawing attention away from any other minions you have if your opponent has removal, or allowing you to benefit from a further 4 extra damage if they do not.
Going into the mid-game you should try and solidify your early board presence with your bigger minions such as Azure Drake or Piloted Shredder. You should try and keep your opponent's board in check while doing so, this will put you into a dominant position where you can start to try and end the game.
Once you have successfully put your opponent on the back foot, you can use combinations of various cards such as Assassin's Blade, Deadly Poison, Cold Blood, and Eviscerate to create huge amounts of burst damage and finish the game.
4. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Synergies & Combinations
5. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Mulligans & Matchup Specific Strategies.
In general you want to mulligan for a reasonable mix of removal cards like Backstab and Deadly Poison and early minion drops such as Goblin Auto-Barber and Defias Ringleader. Keeping a hand that is too focused on one or the other can limit your options, so a strong a mix is key.
Buccaneer and Deadly Poison tend to fill the same role in the Mulligan, allowing you to buff your weapon up to help deal with opposing early minions. Generally, Buccaneer is favoured if you are going first or if you expect a lot of 2 Health minions out of your opponent such as against Zoo, whereas Deadly Poison is better if you expect 3 Health minions from your opponent such as against Mech Mage.
6. Cheap Wild Tempo Rogue Card Swaps
As with most Rogue decks, Preparation will provide the biggest improvement for the deck. Two copies can be included over Shiv and a copy of Buccaneer. If you make this replacement, it is highly recommended you supplement it by including two copies of Sprint as a powerful combo and to ensure you do not run out of cards. Two copies of sprint can be included over Defias Ringleader.
If you have access to the League of Explorers expansion, two copies of Tomb Pillager can be included over Southsea Squidface and Argent Squire to provide a more solid mid-game. Alternatively if you have included the Preparation combo mentioned above, Violet Teacher is also a strong improvement for this card slot.
For other strong cards to consider, look at our full budget Rogue decks, or our Crafting Guide.
7. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Pesty, a professional Hearthstone player playing since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
8. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 10 Jun. 2017: Guide updated to reflect new Icy Veins archetype format.
- 20 Dec. 2016: -1 Southsea Squidface, +1 Shadow Rager
- 09 Nov. 2016: Deck added.
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please