Secret Paladin Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows April 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Secret Paladin in The Rise of Shadows expansion.
Secret Paladin is a deck has moved in an out of several meta games throughout Hearthstone's history. It uses Paladin's cheap Secrets as a way to empower Secret synergy cards, like Secretkeeper, to create explosive openers while relying on the Secrets themselves to offers a layer of protection for any minions played.
1. Secret Paladin Card List
This Secret Paladin deck costs 8,840 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Secret Paladin Mana Curve
3. Secret Paladin Mulligan Guide
The sheer number of Secrets present in Secret Paladin makes in incredibly likely that you will draw into Secrets in your opening hand. Because of this, you should mulligan for everything else you need in the early game and simply assume you will draw Secrets when needed.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Secretkeeper, Sunreaver Spy, Commander Rhyssa.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Mysterious Blade.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Subject 9, Bellringer Sentry.
4. Secret Paladin Strategy
Secret Paladin is an aggressive deck and as such you should try to curve out as aggressively as possible. Minions like Secretkeeper and Sunreaver Spy should be prioritised, using whatever necessary to empower them. With a solid board in place, Secrets can be continually be played with Bellringer Sentry and Masked Contender to help protect your minions. With Secrets in play, your minions should be safe to attack your opponent directly for a swift victory.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of your weapons, Truesilver Champion and Mysterious Blade, to control the board. You can additionally use your early minions to take any value trades available for a great control of the board. However, you should avoid any trades that will result in a loss of minions and focus the damage on your opponent directly before you inevitably run out of cards.
Against Control, your early-game aggression will often be shut down, so it is important to get the maximum value by pulling Secrets from your deck using Masked Contender, Bellringer Sentry, and Subject 9. Not only will these cards give you extra cards to work with, but they will dramatically improve the value of your draws by thinning your deck. With fewer Secrets clogging up your draws, you should be able to be continually aggressive and repopulate the board several times to rush down your opponent.
5. Secret Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro —Add 1x Noble Sacrifice for 1x Hidden Wisdom.
- Against Control —Add 1 Tirion Fordring for 1x Truesilver Champion.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- 10 New Decks to Try in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage
- Basic Druid Deck
- Lackey Rogue