The Lich King Cheap Priest Deck
This deck can be used to defeat the Priest encounter with The Lich King in Icecrown Citadel. It is a combo Priest deck that uses removal spells to control the board while assembling cards to create a powerful minion to burst down The Lich King in a single attack. It is designed to be very cheap to craft so that it is accessible to all players.
The Lich King Cheap Priest Deck
Our deck costs 1,080 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
At the start of the fight The Lich King casts a spell unique to your class to alter the dynamic of the game. Shut up, Priest is used against Priest and is unique in that it has no effect on the game, unlike the spells cast against other classes.
The aim of this deck is to aggressively draw cards while using removal spells to control the board to eventually to create a situation where a big minion can be created using Health buffs and Inner Fire to kill The Lich King in a single attack.
The boss will frequently play Skeletal Knights to gain a significant tempo advantage and making it hard to contest the board with minions at first. You should prioritise saving copies of Shadow Word: Pain to deal with them in the early-game until you can develop a board presence.
During the mid-game turns you should try and use a combination or Northshire Cleric, Wild Pyromancer, and Acolyte of Pain to draw as many cards as possible to try and draw the combo pieces needed to end the fight. During this time you can freely use most Health buffs, but one copy of Inner Fire and both Divine Spirits should be saved for when you go for the killing blow.
You should try and save a copy of Shadow Word: Horror in your hand for turn 7, this will help immediately deal with the Trapped Souls summoned by the boss and allow you to enter the final phase of the fight, though be aware Shadow Word Horror will also kill any weak friendly minions.
Upon entering the final phase the fight will become a race against the damage of Remorseless Winter. By this point you should almost have enough damage to end the game and should continue drawing additional cards until you have all the combo pieces required .
- 25 Aug. 2017: Priest Lich King deck added.
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Hearthstone 16.0.8 Balance Update Notes
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- Warcraft 3 E3 Trailer, Diablo 2 LoD Final Cinematic and Overwatch 2 4 and 8K Remasters
- Charity Server Blades Arrive Damaged to Collectors
- Hearthstone 16.0.5 Balance Update Notes: December 19th
- Galakrond Tempo Rogue Deck - Descent of Dragons January 2020 - XioaT's Rank 2 Legend
- Cyclone Mage Deck - Descent of Dragons January 2020 - iGXc's Top 20 Legend
- Just 30 cards short... are any worth it?
- Tombs of Terror Reno Jackson
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Descent of Dragons January 2020 - kagome's Top 20 Legend
- A few questions for a newish player
- Deathrattle Galakrond Rogue Deck - Descent of Dragons December 2019 - Jalexander's Top 100 Legend
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock