The Lich King Cheap Hunter Deck
This deck can be used to defeat the Hunter encounter with The Lich King in Icecrown Citadel. It is a relatively cheap Hunter deck that aims to develop powerful minions in the early-game to quickly rush down the boss. It aims to take advantage of The Hunted spell played by the boss to develop early Molten Giants. This is a cheap deck that is designed to be accessible to all players.
1. The Lich King Cheap Hunter Deck
Our deck costs 1,640 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
1.1. Mana Curve
At the start of the fight The Lich King will cast The Hunted, which deals 2 damage from every minion in your deck. This deck aims to take advantage of this ability to take significant damage in order to play Molten Giants from the beginning of the game. The deck is comprised of 15 minions, which means a maximum of 30 damage will be taken, however this will be reduced by 2 damage for each minion in your opening hand.
You should mulligan aggressively so that you start with at least 1 Molten Giant in your opening hand to pull off this strategy successfully. If you already have a Molten Giant, you can additionally look for Sunfury Protector in your opening hand so that you can protect your remaining Health or a 1-Cost Beast such as Alleycat or Jeweled Macaw.
Assuming you have navigated the opening turns and successfully have a Molten Giant in play, you should begin prioritising attacking the boss every turn that it is possible. Using Sunfury Protector to Taunt your Molten Giant will greatly aid this and remove any risk of being killed as well as cards like Freezing Trap and Bear Trap helping to prevent damage.
The cheap Beasts in the deck such Alleycat and Jeweled Macaw can be to squeeze in some additional damage and trade into enemy minions where necessary. However, it is best to keep them alive until you are able to play a Scavenging Hyena to create another powerful minion capable of huge amounts of damage alongside Molten Giants.
If you are able to get a good combination Molten Giants and Scavenging Hyenas onto the board soon enough you should be able to deal enough damage to defeat The Lich King before Frostmourne is played on turn 7. However, if you fall short it is still possible to defeat the Trapped Souls and deal any remaining damage if you have managed to develop a strong enough board.
- 28 Aug. 2017: Added Hunter deck to defeat The Lich King by using Molten Giants and Scavenging Hyenas to finish the encounter before Turn 7.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Quest Paladin
- Aggro Paladin - Uldum August 2019 - Jambre's Top 20 Legend
- Combo Priest - Uldum August 2019 - Quentinooo's Rank 1 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Kungmar's Top 10 Legend
- Stupid OTKs in Solo Adventures
- Quest Shaman
- Rank 1 Legend Highlander Hunter Deck - Uldum August 2019
- Fatigue Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Charon's Top 100 Legend