The Lich King Cheap Hunter Deck
Table of Contents
This deck can be used to defeat the Hunter encounter with The Lich King in Icecrown Citadel. It is a relatively cheap Hunter deck that aims to develop powerful minions in the early-game to quickly rush down the boss. It aims to take advantage of The Hunted spell played by the boss to develop early Molten Giants. This is a cheap deck that is designed to be accessible to all players.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Pesty, a professional Hearthstone player playing since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
2. The Lich King Cheap Hunter Deck
Our deck costs 1,640 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
At the start of the fight The Lich King will cast The Hunted, which deals 2 damage from every minion in your deck. This deck aims to take advantage of this ability to take significant damage in order to play Molten Giants from the beginning of the game. The deck is comprised of 15 minions, which means a maximum of 30 damage will be taken, however this will be reduced by 2 damage for each minion in your opening hand.
You should mulligan aggressively so that you start with at least 1 Molten Giant in your opening hand to pull off this strategy successfully. If you already have a Molten Giant, you can additionally look for Sunfury Protector in your opening hand so that you can protect your remaining Health or a 1-Cost Beast such as Alleycat or Jeweled Macaw.
Assuming you have navigated the opening turns and successfully have a Molten Giant in play, you should begin prioritising attacking the boss every turn that it is possible. Using Sunfury Protector to Taunt your Molten Giant will greatly aid this and remove any risk of being killed as well as cards like Freezing Trap and Bear Trap helping to prevent damage.
The cheap Beasts in the deck such Alleycat and Jeweled Macaw can be to squeeze in some additional damage and trade into enemy minions where necessary. However, it is best to keep them alive until you are able to play a Scavenging Hyena to create another powerful minion capable of huge amounts of damage alongside Molten Giants.
If you are able to get a good combination Molten Giants and Scavenging Hyenas onto the board soon enough you should be able to deal enough damage to defeat The Lich King before Frostmourne is played on turn 7. However, if you fall short it is still possible to defeat the Trapped Souls and deal any remaining damage if you have managed to develop a strong enough board.
4. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 28 Aug. 2017: Added Hunter deck to defeat The Lich King by using Molten Giants and Scavenging Hyenas to finish the encounter before Turn 7.
- Grumble, World Shaker Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Unidentified Maul Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Raven Familiar Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?
- Silver Vanguard Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Lone Champion Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Seeping Oozeling Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Spiteful Summoner Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Make it cheap #3 Budget Handbuff Paladin
- Something stupid like ...
- Aggro Paladin Deck List
- Toxin Cards
- Aggro Rogue Deck List
- Deck Request Thread
- Make it cheap #2 Budget Cannibal Warlock
- The Lich King