The Lich King Fatigue Warrior Deck
This deck can be used to defeat the Warrior encounter with The Lich King in Icecrown Citadel. It is a Fatigue Warrior deck that uses Kel'Thuzad to stall the game until massive amounts of fatigue damage can be used to defeat the boss. It is an expensive deck to craft and as such is intended for experienced players.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
At the start of the fight The Lich King will castto immediately gain 100 additional Armor. This forces the game into a long battle against the increasing damage of in the late-game.
This deck aims to stall the game to reduce the late-game damage taken from Remorseless Winter so that the boss may be killed through massive amounts of fatigue damage, while using Dead Man's Hand to avoid taking fatigue damage for yourself.
This deck requires Kel'Thuzad as a key part of its strategy and it should always be kept in your opening hand if you have it, despite its high Mana cost. is another powerful card that will greatly aid your strategy later in the game and you should also look for it if you already have Kel'Thuzad.
The early-game turns are fairly straight forward, the aim is to keep the board clear using weapons and any removal spells you have available, this deck requires no removal spells in the late-game. If you do not already have Kel'Thuzad in hand, you should try to use additional card draw from to try and draw into these cards ready on Turn 7.and
Once Frostmourne has been played aim is to reduce the number ofs on the board from 6 to 1. Brawl is the simplest way to achieve this and should be used if it is available, however it can also be done using a combination of removal spells like and .
During the Frostmourne phase, the boss will not play any cards and the aim is to take advantage of that by using Kel'Thuzad in combination with a Taunt minion to prevent you from taking any damage to stall the game. If you played Brawl previously, you can immediately follow it up with a Deathlord if you have it available, which will immediately take 7 damage after the boss attacks it with Frostmourne and the remaining Trapped Soul, leaving it on 1 Health. You must immediately play Kel'Thuzad on the following turn as the boss will stop attacking if the only target is a 1 Health Taunt minions with Kel'Thuzad on board. If you reach this stage it is very important that your Deathlord remains at 1 Health and you do not play any other Taunt minion as doing so will cause the boss to attack, which will cause the final Trapped Soul to eventually suicide, ending the phase and allowing the boss to play cards again.
An alternative setup you can use to stall the game is to play both Public Defender and Kel'Thuzad on turn 10. The Public Defender will take 7 damage each turn from attacks, allowing it to be resurrected by Kel'Thuzad, while not causing any damage to the remaining Trapped Soul to that would end the phase. As with the other setup it is very important not to play any other Taunt minions.
Once you have successfully stalled the game, you are free to manipulate your hand to contain the specific cards you need. During this time, you should be looking for copies of Coldlight Oracle, Brann Bronzebeard, and Dead Man's Hand. Any other cards in your hand can be freely used to make room in your hand, as long as they do not disrupt the board state.
Once you are comfortable and enough time as passed, you can finally kill the last Brann Bronzebeard and Coldlight Oracles to push the boss into fatigue damage while using your copies of Dead Man's Hand to put cards back into your deck. This process can be repeated until the boss is eventually killed.on the board to enter phase 3. Once in this phase you should use your combination or
- 28 Aug. 2017: Guide updated for additional clarity on how to stall the game. Decklist updated to streamline the overall strategy, removed 1x Infested Tauren, 2x Sludge Belcher, 1x N'Zoth, the Corruptor for 2x Public Defender, 1x Armorsmith, 1x Bash.
- 25 Aug. 2017: Warrior Lich King deck added.
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Set to Receive $200 Million Bonus
- Doom Lord Kazzak Challenge
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Book of Heroes Rehgar Earthfury
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Classic Tier List
- Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck - Forged in the Barrens