The Lich King Hunter Deck
The Turn 1 spell that The Lich King uses against Rexxar is The Hunted. This can actually kill you on Turn 1 as it deals 2 damage for every minion in your deck. Note that this does not count the minions in your hand. Due to this restriction, decks using Lock and Load and Barnes are a clear choice for this part of the adventure..
The Lich King Hunter Deck
Our deck costs 7,080 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
Aim of the Deck
The aim of the deck is to get a powerful Deathrattle effect into play early by using Barnes, and then trigger that effect multiple times.
This version of the deck uses Sneed's Old Shredder and Sylvanas Windrunner, although some players choose to use Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound. If you wish to use the Rage Unbound version, exchange it for Sylvanas and restart the game if you get it in your opening hand, or if you do not have Barnes by Turn 4. That way is probably more efficient in terms of time to complete the adventure, but we do not consider it very fulfilling.
In the mulligan, you are looking for Barnes and nothing else. If you do not have Barnes, throw away everything apart from Tracking. If you do have Barnes, you should throw away Sylvanas Windrunner and Sneed's Old Shredder and keep every other card. You do not want to draw either of those cards until Barnes has been played.
If you have Barnes in hand, the game revolves around that fact until you play it. Try not to play Tracking, as this gets you closer to drawing Sylvanas Windrunner and Sneed's Old Shredder. Other than that, you would prefer to have a clear board, and Play Dead in hand. For this reason, you might delay playing Barnes until Turn 5 so that you can get an activation from Play Dead.
You will spend the rest of the early-game trying to occupy the board, and prevent The Lich King from getting a big board. Freezing Trap should be preserved if possible as it is very good from Turn 7 onwards.
This is a great turn to get multiple Sylvanas Deathrattles. The Lich King also does not like wide boards, if you can get several minions on the board, The Lich King will make trades rather than hitting you in the face.
The hardest part of the game is Turn Eight. After that, try to keep control of the board, and get large amounts of damage through when available. Deathstalker Rexxar is very important during this phase. Your first Build-A-Beast choices will often be large Taunts or LifeSteal if available. After that, you will usually be looking for large amounts of damage. Taking your time over your choices is vital, as often you will have a way out of a tough spot that is not immediately obvious.
- 25 Aug. 2017: Hunter Lich King deck added.
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- All Ashes of Outland Cards Revealed
- Ashes of Outland Card Reveal: Crimson Sigil Runner
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend
- Card changes.. what to replace the unusable cards with?
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists
- Beast of Fable Pet Battle location of No-No the Beaver
- Dragon Hunter