Kingsbane Rogue (AKA Weapon Rogue) Archetype Guide
Table of Contents
- 1. Aim of Kingsbane Rogue
- 2. Kingsbane Rogue Strengths and Weaknesses
- 3. Key Cards and Crafting for Kingsbane Rogue
- 4. ChangeLog
Kingsbane Rogue, sometimes referred to as Weapon Rogue, is an archetype that aims to use the Kingsbane weapon as a source of repeat damage and healing. A large number of weapon buffs are used to turn Kingsbane into an incredibly powerful weapon over the course of a game that can be used to either rush down opponents or simply control the board.
The ability to get a powerful weapon for just 1 Mana allows the archetype to take an aggressive approach, while the use of Leeching Poison paired with the Deathrattle effect of the weapon preventing fatigue damage also makes a slow Control strategy possible.
Below, you will find link to our deck lists for Kingsbane Rogue, starting with our featured deck, which we consider the most common variant.
Kingsbane Rogue Deck
- Guide written by Pesty and last updated on Apr 15, 2018 (WW meta)
- Costs 7.8k (11 basic, 6 common, 4 rare, 6 epic, and 3 legendaries)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 1 Weapon • 18 Spells • 10 Minions
|Rogue Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAaIHBsQByAOoCN0IgNMCu+8CDLQBywPNA/YEmwWGCanNArHOAtzRAuXRAtvjAsn7AgA= (copy to clipboard)
This Kingsbane Rogue Deck is a defensive build of Kingsbane Rogue. It uses a large number of buffs to allow Kingsbane to provide large amounts of healing and board control. The Deathrattle effect of the weapon allows the deck to play long drawn-out games without having to worry about fatigue damage.
1. Aim of Kingsbane Rogue
This archetype aims to buff up the Kingsbane weapon and use it each turn with increased strength. The use of Cavern Shinyfinder means that it is almost always possible to have access to the weapon when required. The huge damage output of a buffed weapon can either be used to deal huge damage to opponents or to outlast opponents with the help of Leeching Poison.
2. Kingsbane Rogue Strengths and Weaknesses
The Deathrattle effect of Kingsbane combined with the healing of Leeching Poison makes the archetype great at playing longer games and able to outlast opponents quite easily. Due to the high Attack value of a fully buffed Kingsbane, it is also great at being able to swiftly dispatch opponents with minimal healing or defensive tools.
Kingsbane Rogue can struggle against decks that can flood the board easily, as there are no real AoE effects available aside from Blade Flurry. Decks that contain many Taunt minions can also be problematic as it can be incredibly hard to use Kingsbane to remove high-value from targets from the board.
3. Key Cards and Crafting for Kingsbane Rogue
Kingsbane is by far the most important card to craft, as the whole archetype revolves around full utilisation of the weapon. Valeera the Hollow is another excellent Legendary card for slower variants of the archetype.
Any other cards use in Kingsbane Rogue are very flexible and vary greatly depending on overall strategy of the deck.
- 31 Jan. 2018: Archetype added.
- Our Monster Hunt Guide Is Up!
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: A Witchy Recipe
- Shudderwock Animation Speed & Battlecry Cap to Be Fixed Soon
- Ben Brode Leaves Blizzard
- Hearthside Chat: Monster Hunt
- Blizzard Balance Gifting Now Available
- Ben Brode Answers Unsolved Hearthstone Mysteries
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #14
- Primalfin totem vs Baku Paladin
- Dungeon Runs
- Competitive Concedestone
- Mad Magician
- Hearthstone Shaman Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Spiteful Druid Archetype
- The art of free to play